Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Scary porblems i need help please

Well to start my problems all began last weekend where i was in a store bending down to check out some items when all the sudden i kept getting these heart palpitations which scared the **** out of me. So i went to the doctor the next day to tell him my problems and he told me it was and stress which i guess it was cause it stopped after leaving his office with the clarification that it was nothing to worry about. So after that i decided to really start watching my health more because i hate having the feeling of being sick so since at that time or last Monday i was on a ketosis/atkins diet i decided to stop it and just eat whatever the heck i want(health food wise)and i felt good all that day(last Monday)but the next day i started to get this brain fog feeling and heavy headness feeling along with a slight fever of 100 point something and and now yesterday and today i started to have a stiffness in my neck which i think may be caused by sleeping on the couch and a sort of sharp pain in the left side of my head (behind the left temple but above ear) but only after trying to pull myself up over a fence(dont ask) but the pain seems to have gone away only after a few mins. I also have a slight feeling like there is something in my throat but not to bad since i dont notice it unless i think about it. Well thats about it please help me i am really scared that it is a brain tumor or something cause that is just the way i am.

Thanks for the help,
will  
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
147426 tn?1317265632
How old are you?  Sudden, short-lived palpitations are really quite common in healthy young people.  The dull, tired, foggy, fealing with an uncomfortable throat really sounds like a low grade viral infection.  That goes along with your low fever.  Nothing you have described sounds remotely like a serious thing (of any sort) going on in your brain.

Get some rest and let your body get over the infection.  If you have frequent health anxiety or other types there is a forum here on medhelp (Patient-to-Patient) on anxiety and they are wonderful at putting things in perspective.  It is so helpful to hear from people who go through it (or have overcome it) themselves.

Good Luck, Quix
Helpful - 0
i am male and 18. thanks for the fast reply i really appreciate it and do you think that the dizzyness/brain fog could be caused by a virus along with slight ear ringing?(sorry if i sound like i want something to be wrong i really dont i just want to be sure and healthy) I also had an MRI done on my head and blood work a few months ago so hypothetically speeching if there was something going now wouldn't they had been able to catch it then or could a problem arise in such short time?  

Thanks again
Helpful - 0
Hi last summer, i was stuck by head pressure and  i was under alot of stress. Not endorsing this but they gave an anti anxiety med that helped. But my head pressure was due possibly to spots on my brain they foud  w mri. see a neuro . I did to be safe.. I have heart palps as i have MVP , i got it at age 29..i still have it all the time.De stress yourself , K
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease