Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Muscle spasms/twiching all over, no pain

I am a 27 year old female. I have had muscle jumping(twiching?) in my legs, feet, arms,hands, legs,chin since January 2007(it is June 2007) There is no pain. It is sparatic only one jump at a time, and only occurs (or I can only feel it) when I am not moving.  I had a baby in December. It is drivng me crazy. My Doctor ran blood tets that came back good.  He is baffled.  I went to a neorologist and he did a few manual tests on me and said i was just overtired. I feel exhasted a lot, but I can't help but worry about it being something more as its been happening for so long.  I have been drinking magneluvers everynight as I have heard magnesium can help.  But is hasn't done anything. Does anyone else have this problem?????  
Thank you!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Recently, I have been having repeated muscle spasms, with no pain, throughout the day and night, to the point that it wakes me up, IF I am able to get to sleep in the first place.  I've had very little sleep in the last couple of weeks because of it, and I'm exhausted.  I've tried aspirin, 800mg ibuprofen, heat, cold, hot baths - which do help the most, but as soon as I am out of the bath, the spasms come back. It's almost a ticklish sensation, over and over again, in my back and rib cage, and makes me want to jump out of my skin.  Since it's not painful, people don't understand. I am beginning to feel that I am crazy.  
Helpful - 0
Did you ever find out what was wrong? You posted this in November 2008 - I'm having the same symptoms as you and am scheduled to see a neurologist in June.
Helpful - 0
Forgot to mention...I'm female..27..currently quitting smoking..otherwise in good health.  Also, it might be good to mention that I am undergoing corrective chiropractic care, as my neck and back were all out of whack.  I'm hoping that what I'm experiencing has to do with muscle and nerve interaction from the traction and adjustments...just want to rule out anything more serious...
Helpful - 0
I have been experiencing the same thing!!  So far, it's just been in my left thigh...I'll twitch for about 20 secs, then nothing for about a min or so, and then it happens again, usually 3 times...not ever painful, just twitching.  I've also had other stuff, like headaches (i've never had regular headaches in the past)...sometimes they throb, also a feeling in my shoulders and back like a burning or stabbing sensation...also I get a feeling of constriction in my face (nose area, usually), and cramping in the neck. There are other things too, but I won't list them all.  I am starting to keep a symptom journal, to keep track of everything.  I've seen my doc twice, he did blood work, came back with a slightly higher than normal bilirubin, but otherwise normal.  He retested the bilirubin and it was back to normal the second time.  He was not at all concerned, said it is just stress, but at least I talked him into giving me a referral to a neurologist to see about the headaches.  I'll give the neurologist my symptom journal when I go, in hopes that will help narrow down anything that's going on.  If I find out anything worth knowing about the twitching, I'll post it here...
Helpful - 0
hi

I had the sa,e, but mine has gone as far as to be called seizures.  All the test were nedative, so they say it's stress seizures.  But my body is still going numb and such.  I feel like there is something more and they son't know how to read it.  I hope they do before it's to late.  I wish you luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease