Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Als fear

My MRI report states the following:
Broad based central disc protrusion at C5-6 with mild ventral cord flattening.
Right paracentral smaller disc protrusion at C4-5
Minimal disc bulge at C6-7
Loss of normal signal within L5-S1 disc.
There is broad based central disc protrusion and annular tear at L5-S1
I have been having weakness and numbness in my right shoulder and arm, with numbness in my pinkie and ring finger. My right leg from the knee down has similar symptoms. I was terrified of ALS when the symptoms started, but now feel that the MRI suggests other causes. Can what is going on in my back cause these symptoms? Also, can rehab/therapy remedy this or is surgery a "have to"? Thanks so very much!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
PVC is correct, numbness = NO ALS!!!!  Numbness = Nerve Compression, not a dead nerve...Dead Nerves are ALS
Helpful - 0
I would just go with the obvious here and that is, that your disc issues are causing the numbness and weakness. I had a dermoid cyst on my left ovary which caused numbness in my left toe - nerve pain or damage can be felt in other parts of your body.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease