Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Undiagonosed.... Body tells me I'm sick

In the late 1980's I was diagnosed w/CFS and Fibromylgia.  I have been treated for depression.  For almost two years now I have had a lot of new unexplained illness.  I have for the most part normal labs with a few small discrepencies.  I have numbness and pain in my arms and hands but my main complaint is the severe mouth pain.  For a long time I couldn't find an adjective to describe the pain and searched endlessly on the web looking for answers.  I finally found out about BMS (burning mouth syndrome) and while that does describe to a degree my problem it goes beyond that.  I feel like my tongue is swollen and my mouth feels irritated.  I have pretty much stopped eating because it gets worse. By the end of most days my face as well feels like it's on fire.  I've been to all kinds of doctors and dentists and all I get are looks of stupidity.  I have been diagnosed w/Sjogren's and Raynauds both recently.  I had an MRI of the brain and also a cervical MRI.  According to the doctor nothing showed that would be causing me the symptoms.  I am havning a Chelation test tomorrow to see if I show any heavy metals.  I do have a lot of amalgam/mercury fillings as well as several root canals and wonder if I do have mercury posioning. I am a white 51yr female, postmenopause since 1999 and I've had two major whiplashes. I suffer additionally w/insomnia, dizziness,fever blisters (herpes), IBS, rapid pulse w/low to normal blood pressure.  I have trouble controlling my body temp., and I have blurry vision even w/glasses?????  Please if anyone can help, I've had about all I can stand......
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I forgot to mention that I had all my amalgams removed and I am on my way to recovery.  The chelation treatments are being overseen by the Canadian College of Natutropathic medicine.  I should also add that my insurance company paid for the removal but if your regular dentist did not even suggest removal of the dental amalgams then beware of going to him to have them  removed.  Safe removal is imperative or this could further complicate you medical condition with the added mercury load to the body.  Once you call DAMS they will provide with biological dentists in your area.

good luck!

Helpful - 0
I do have a lot of amalgam/mercury fillings as well as several root canals and wonder if I do have mercury posioning. I am a white 51yr female, postmenopause since 1999 and I've had two major whiplashes. I suffer additionally w/insomnia, dizziness,fever blisters (herpes), IBS, rapid pulse w/low to normal blood pressure. I have trouble controlling my body temp., and I have blurry vision even w/glasses????? Please if anyone can help, I've had about all I can stand......

You just solved your problem The dentist are not supposed to tell you that dental fillings are HAZARDOUS to your health! Insist on a mercury test.  You are on the right track but in order to get well you must remove those toxic teeth.  I too am going through chelation I am now out of my wheelchair and no longer require a voice amplifier for speaking. i no longer have all those symptoms like you I sleep in peace now! for more infornation call  DAMS National Office at 1-800-311-6265.
DAMS means Dental Amalgam Mercury Sybdrome if you google this you will get to their website.

Cheers
Helpful - 0
Thanks to everyone that commented regarding my post...  First, my doctor did not see anything wrong with my MRI's... and yes I do plan to get a second opinion as soon as I can find a good, caring neurologist that will take some time and try and help me figure this mess out....   As for the Lyme disease I don't think I've been anywhere that I could have been infected but I will definitely keep it in mind and check out the site you referred to.  Is it possible to have been infected many years ago???
Thanks again for the feedback..  Just knowing someone has a little empathy relieves my anxiety a bit.
Helpful - 0
I'd find a real good neurologist at a large clinic,like the cleveland clinic.The white foci could be demyelination.The atrophy,is brain shrinkage.As we age are brains do shrink some.
Find a good neurosurgeon preferrably with a spinefellowship to help with the neck,that bulging disk with annular tear needs to be addressed.You have been dx'ed with a broad range of illnesses.Have you gotten a second opinion on the brain MRI?
Helpful - 0
forgot to ask you... did your Doc consider your MRI normal?
Helpful - 0
I had an MRI that tested negative/normal that showed no significant deep white matter abnormalty, in the findings.  In the impression it did indicate minimal subcortical white matter of probable little clinical significance.  I believe the minimal subcortical white matter is just due to age but no suggestion of disease.
Helpful - 0
Just needed to add a few things. A finding on my brain MRI remarked that there are scattered foci of abnormal white matter signal intensity present in the centrum semiovale, corona radiata, perventricular regions, and subcortical white matter. What does that mean??? also the report said that incidental mention is made of moderate chronic appearing right-sided sphenoid sinusitis. Impression: Senescent changes consisting of scattered white matter ischemic foci and mild central and cortical atrophy. I find it curious that most of my mouth and facial pain and burning is on the left side????
On my cervical MRI the impression was: C6-7 broad based disk bulge with annular tear signal signal left paracentral and towards the edge of the foramina????
Can anyone explain any of this to me?
Thanks so much....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease