Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

pain and neuor symptoms

hi.  about 2 1/2 months ago i had what i thought to be a virus as my kids were  quite sick with fever and upper respiratory for about a week.  it started with shooting pains down both calves and along bottom of feet and feeling sort of lousy.  after a few days that got better but my thighs and pelvic area ached.  after a few days it went away abut my shoulders and arms were killing me.  it has been 2 1/2 months now/  also have some pins and needles in toes and left wrist.  had full physical and all blood work okay.  then had csr and esr both fine. went to neurologist who did physical exam and some tests in his office and said i was comletely normal and didnot feel necessary to order any tests.  said post viral syndrome 3-6 months to run it's course and don't freak out if i havd occasional relapses.  i play tennis 3 x a week and actually feel better afterwards.  i hae been treated for medical enxiety and recently started back on lexapro.  i am afraid of this pain.  someday my shoulders and arms just kill me.  one day i woke up and it literally felt like some one had kicked me in the butt.  the muscles just ached. sometime my legs feel almost flu like.  it has not interefered with my daily life but my stress and anxiety level is through the roof.  also i have occasional itchy rashes on stomach and across back of shoulders which strated with a weird looking insect bite.  the bite is gone but rashes come and go.  any ideas?  all help appreciated.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks for your comment.  i live in florida and neuro said no way.
Helpful - 0
check into lyme disease
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease