Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

headache with tingling

About a month ago, I developed a dull headache in the back of my head and on the right side. After two weeks of experiencing this headache daily, I went to my doctor. He ordered and MRI/MRA and blood work. The results came back normal though I don't know exactly what he was checking for with the bloodwork. He did say that my organs were normal. He suggested I do some neck stretching and said the headaches would probably go away. Well, they haven't and now for about a week I've been noticing a slight tingling/numb sensation on the right side of my head and face. I'm getting very worried so I don't know if I'm being super sensitive and imagining more than really is but I feel like the tingling and numbness is extending down my right arm. Also there are times when I feel like my right ear is hot and to the touch, it is hotter than my left ear. I've never had headaches before, am 41 years old. I haven't worked out in about a year so I am probably not in the best shape but I have two young children and are active with them.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi happygirl,

I have an auto-immune disorder for you to check out..it is called pernicious anemia. You talk about unusual headaches, numbness in face, arm, etc. Are you tired all the time..no matter how much sleep you get?

Go to a website called: www.webmd.com or www.medicinenet.com and in the search box put: pernicious anemia...look at the info and see if it fits you. I know that you have had blood work done..but have them do a blood test called: vitamin B-12 cascade. You could be low on vitamin B-12 before you become anemic..that can give you these symptoms.

There is another test that a doctor can do..it is very simple ..it is called: Babinski Reflex...It is where a doctor will take a rod and stroke the bottom of your feet...there is a certain reaction that will happen if you have possible something bad happening in your brain. I will not tell you what the reaction is..so as not to influence the test, but if the doctor sees that it is a positive Babinski Reflex..he will get very serious and start running some tests..FAST!

GOOD LUCK...TAKE CARE..KEMOSABI..LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO, OK?
Helpful - 0
If you have silver fillings google"Dental Amalgam Mercury syndrome"
If not I hope you find the answer
Cheers
Helpful - 0
Was the MRI of your brain or of your C-spine?  If you have not had an MRI done on your C-spine, that might be a good direction to go in.  I have the same pain in the base of my skull that goes up behind the ear and the arm pains.  I've had ACDF with plates and screws at C5/6/7 and have some problems with C3/4.  It sounds like there could be a problem somewhere in your neck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease