Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

numbness, pain, dizziness, tingling, 2 lesions found with mri

I am a otherwise healthy 33 year old woman.  I had 2 episodes were my vision went foggy for about 1-2 hours, had memory and speech problems, then followed by a several headache.  I went to the dr who sent me for a ctscan and an MRI. They found a 12mm lesion in the deep left temporal perventricular white matter, and a  5mm lesion on the right temporal periventricular white matter anteriorly.  I have no family members with MS or any other brain disease.  I am very worried.  I experience on a regular basis: numbness (on my left side of face and sometimes into the arms), tingling (above the left and right ear), pain (usually just above the left ear, but also the right ear), headaches, pressure, the odd day dizziness, and earaches.  I have some memory problems and some speech (not saying what I am trying to say).  I have an appointment with a neurologist coming up.  I was wondering if anyone else experienced such things and got a diagnosis?  I have read on the Internet and it could be a ton of things, any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thanks for your responses.
Helpful - 0
Go here......http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=1070.0
Helpful - 0
Hi I also had an MRI done and they found  two , "spots". On my left temporal lobe and rt frontal lobe. 1.3 cm, and 1.4 cm . Its very discerning. They said they cannot rule out a neoplasm and that MS is part of the differential. As is vasculitis, or lyme. I am not sure lyme could e w me as i didn';tever get bitten by a lyme tick etc. I am in care of a good neuro, i get symptoms as you discribed too, as well as head pressure , which is the worst symptom . I hope it works out. The neuro you will see will get to the bottom of it all. Its a long process it seems. I am going for my second series of MRI's to see if anything changes. Hope it goes well for you. Try not to over worry .Take care Kit
Helpful - 0
I Neko
I have been experiencing these symptoms for a bout a year and a half, im a 21 year old female....
it almost feels like spiders are crawling on my arms and back ..pains in different spots like just over my ears ( feels like alote of pressure on my head at times)..cold/hot sensation on scalp.
i have not been diagnosed yet, but have heard many people mention MS to me..
I have an MRI on the 17th to show why the left side of my brain is less dense then the rest????

I really hope it's nothing!!
Best luck to you..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease