Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Nerve twitiching

I am a 46yo female with nerve twitching in my upper, left arm. It happens several times a day. Sometimes it is so bad that it actually causes the muscles in my shoulder and neck to tighten up. It is not something you can see happening, but does cause some problems with using my arm/hand while it is happening. It has been going on now for about a week with some days not being too bad, but some days it happens almost all day long. I am just wondering if anyone has any idea what might be causing this and what, if anything, I can do to try and get it to stop.

Thanks!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello,

It seems, you had the same problems, as I do. I have in last years terrible pains from right shoulder joint straight away to the right eye. I had head CT, 2x, and they found Head Atrophy as also 3cm big areals sclerosis on the right Occipitalis. Last September had Head MR, where they found, I have Vein on the same place, 10x11mm. Before that, 2003, x-rays twice have shown benigne tumor on the right shoulder (it looks like a finger hill). 1998, it was the same there, and doctor told, that is ticker muscle (humus?).
In Germany, September 2006 doctor told me, all is from neck muscles. He didn't mention shoulder muscle.
From 1996, 6 years I went to Russian Chiropractors, and they told me, I have trigger points, which send all this pains: over back head, right side of the neck, right eye, sinusitis and of course, right shoulder. I have this Trigger points chart, and found four this points, where I have most pains.
2004, I was in the hospital, they wanted to make operation of this benign tumor, but scientigraphy didn't show, where it comes from. So, I am on the beginning. The pains are like Neuralgias, and two doctors here (one was Russian Neurologist, no more here) told me, my pains in sinusitis maxillaris and face are from C5 and Neuralgia Suprascapularis. Orthopaedist, who gave me this diagnosis, is dead now.
Now, I have to cure muscles. No drugs help me anymore. Or, at least we don't have them here. I used to take SIRDALUD and TRAMAL 500, for 2 years, but it is over.
I have Hypotireosis, Gastritis chr. too.
Any help could be good for me.
Thank you,
Ms.Bobbie, Slovenia
Helpful - 0
I have an appointment to see my family doctor on 5 Feb. and a follow-up with my neurologist on 21 Feb. I have been having other twitching and problems with memory and weakness in arms and legs for some time now, but the twitching in my arm is the most annoying. I have had 2 mri's that showed an area 1x5 mm in size and there was also some signs of demylenation. My neurologist is supposed to order a repeat of the mri when I go back to see him in Feb. I had bloodwork that showed my vitamin and mineral levels to be okay, but that has been a while and I will request that they be checked again. That was a very good idea and one which I had not thought about.

Thanks for you comments. I will check further with my doctor and neurologist.
Helpful - 0
hi,
I once had a client who had facial twitches. The neurologist suggested that he could be having seizures. the dr started him on Neurontin and the client called me a couple of months later and said the twitches had stopped. Something to check into.
Best wishes
Helpful - 0
I've had twitching now for several years and was diagnosed with Benign Fasciculation Syndrome after a clean EMG and brain MRI. Have you seen a doctor? You should to rule out mineral imbalances, thyroid problems, infections and such. If it continues, your doctor will probably refer you to a neurologist who may run these tests along with a physical exam to determine if you have any weakness or atrophy. If you don't, and have no other symptoms, there's not much to worry about from what I understand from my own experience.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease