Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Worried about brain tumor

I am a relatively healthy thirty-five year old male and
for about a week now, I have experiencing a handful of symptoms that have me worried. I wake up every morning with a headache and mild nausea, and no appetite. The headche is not painful, it is more of mild ache all over my head. This will last for about an hour and then goes away. As the day wears on, I have noticed around noontime, that I will experience lightheadedness. No spinning or vertigo, just a feeling of being slightly wooozy. This will last for a couple of hours, and I noticed it goes away around late afternoon. During the evening hours, I noticed that I feel an upset stomach/bloated feeling. This will last right up until I go to sleep. In addition, for the last two days, I noticed that both my arms feel achy. It doesn't feel like I have weakness, just an achy feeling. I also have intermittent neck and shoulder pain. I had a CT scan back in the summer of 2004 which was negative. I have also had two MRI's, the last of which was in November 2005, and showed that I have a bulging disc in my cervical spine. My question is this.....How long does it take for a brain tumor to develop? Being that I had a negative MRI back in NOV. 2005, should I not worry about it. Can a brain tumor develop in the span of a year and a half? I'm thinking maybe it's anxiety. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It definitely can, and I had one removed in 2013 and go in for an MRI on the 26 because it is back and all I had/have is migraines and clumsiness is starting
Helpful - 0
I had a brain tumor removed in 2013. Went in 2015 for MRI(preventative measures) it was clear went back 2017 and it is back. So yes they can, definitely get it checked.
Helpful - 0
I also have days where my head is just not feeling right. Dizzy spells occasionally, one day I couldn't even get out of bed I felt drugged up, my head was so woozy. I messaged my Dr & asked for a scan, got one & got the worst news I could even get. I just got a brain biopsy done & although it sucked, it's not as bad as you might think. Don't hesitate to get checked out. If you have an infiltrating aggressive tumor,every day counts because they grow & spread fast.  
Helpful - 0
I know this question is old but, I too had these exact symptoms. I also 36yrs old. I got a CT scan & sure enough I have a brain tumor in my lateral ventricle that is blocking the flow of CSF fluid, causing intracranial pressure/hydrocephalus. I read someone say you'd have more symptoms like slurred speech etc...this is definitely not true, it all depends on where your tumor is located in your brain. Every spot causes different symptoms. The waking up with headaches is a symptom that most brain tumor patients have though I think. I was told it's because when you lay down all night it causes pressure in your head, idk. I have no speech issues or anything like that. I have morning headaches that can also last throughout the day, the side my tumor is on I noticed my eye was shut more & also sharp pains down my shoulder to my wrist, still not sure it's related to my brain tumor though. Anyone can have any variety of symptoms. If you even think you have a brain tumor it's always best to get it checked out. I googled & would find other minor conditions that cause my symptoms & for months I convinced myself it was just that. I'm sure the poster has figured out his issue by now but for anyone else who've come here for info...you won't have slurred speech & other cognitive issues unless your tumor is in the area that would affect that. Weight-loss is definitely not something I have with my brain tumor either, although I wish it was.
Helpful - 0
397460 tn?1268533736
Hi. you all have a vast array of symptoms . I think you should look up PTC, or its other name, IIH, Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertention, and see if it sounds like you.
If so , talk to your local dr about making an apt to see a neurologist.
Best wishes Cath278.
Helpful - 0
Hi I am constantly worried about having a brain tumour.  I am 30 and for the last couple of months I have had a weird feeling in the side of my head which is causing me to have a lazy eye.  I also have muscle weakness and neck and shoulder aches.  I feel sick at some points throughout the day and constantly feel like my head is not with it.  I also have slight ringing in my ears.  I dont know whether I am suffering from anxiety or should be really concerned. Do CT scans always show up tumours? Please help am going out of my mind!
Helpful - 0
i have almost the same symptoms as you do..i've had these headaches everyday now for about a week and no kind of medicine helps..i get up with a headache and it aint a bad headache,its enough pain to wreck your day..but mine radiates all over my head,especially at the top and the back of my head and sometimes burns really bad but hurts like a squeezing feeling or tightness in my head and mine goes way too with a light headness i have all day,i cant even drive from it..and it eases off alittle then a few hours later starts in again and at night its worser,i cant sleep from it..can anyone give me some info or suggestions..i get sick at my stomache also and feel like im gonna through up..could this be migraines?? or is it just plain ol stress..its really scary sometimes..ive too had a catscan done and nothing,wrote it off as sinusitis but i have no signs of that..im open to any sugg...thanks
Helpful - 0
A tumor can defintely grow in a year and a half, but if you had one, you'd have many more neurological signs including vertigo, slurred speech, weight loss, change of personality, etc.  Sounds like you have anxiety and that can certainly cause your symptoms.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease