Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Seizures

My daughter is now 11 months.  She started having seizures when she was 9 months old and now has had 9.  She has had 2 EEG that came back normal and 1 MRI that came back normal.  She was put on a seizure medicine called Keppra which she started on the 1-25-07.  On Friday 2-16 she had one, on Monday 2-19 she had one, Wed 2-21 she had two and on Saturday 2-24 she had 1.  I'm very worried that her medicine is increasing her seizure rather than preventing them.  Is is possible that her medicine would increase her siezures?  Her seizures usually last from 3 to 4 minutes.  I had seizures when I was an infant and was put on medicine.  Once I started my medicine I never has another one until I was taken off my medicine.  When I was 7 they took me off my medicine and I have not had on since then and Im now 24.  Could this be something that I pasted to her?  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have abcent seizures by stress and joy and lack of air, I also think I have epilepsy. How important is it to get help? I am 15
Helpful - 0
183202 tn?1219853659
I don't know much about seizures or what induces them, yet I DO recall reading somewhere once that if a person is given a prognosis of having a seizure disorder and given med. for seizures that are non-epileptic (it may explain why the EEG didn't find anything, if they are non-epileptic), it can sometimes INCREASE symptoms. You may want to check it out, and see your doctor immediately if you suspect it is increasing her symptoms.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1669040108
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease