Aa
A
A
Close

Occupational Health & Safety Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

1 - 20 (of 176) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
One of our grocery stores has Spectracide within 20 feet for the raw vegetables and fruits. Is it safe? Many of them are not in plastic containers.
  Posted
Approximately a year and a half ago my boyfriend had a light fixture in our room with 4 medium sized cfl's plugged in. The cord supporting it came loose and the cfl's which had been turned on all day smashed into the floor in our bedroom...
  Posted
Greetings. For quite some time now I have been trying to get an answer to the following question: Are there any long term effects (1+ years) of short term exposure (a few days) to toxic chemicals when there were no short term symptoms? T...
  Posted
16533111 tn?1448879822
Hi, I was significantly exposed to asbestos (loose fibers from demolition works) last weekend (for the second time in about a year). In the following days, I experienced violent inflammation of the airways, burning feeling in my lungs...
  Posted
Due to changes in a building I live in, my floor now has a subtle vibration that my feet sometimes feel and my body definitely feels. Sometimes I feel it more inside my feet and legs and other times, say if I'm sitting on my couch, my t...
  Posted
My grandfather went to a lab to get bloodwork and the phlebotomist was in a hurry and going from patient to patient, even handling a urine sample, without washing her hands. I don't know if any of the people she saw had any diseases like...
  Posted
I live in an apartment building that has been painting the hallways for 2 weeks. I've had headaches from the paint fumes. Today the painters are painting on my floor and I am so sick right now I can't stand it. Is it really possible that...
  Posted
I had to leave work for a few days due to becoming ill from paint they used, it was mercury paint corp,double gloss industrial grade.since then I stil have head achs and just don't feel right , my lungs feel as if they are on fire someti...
  Posted
i was prick by a needle of a glucomter of the patient and some blood come out but before that she was able to disinfect it with alcohol swab, am i be able to get any transmitted infection through this? eventhough its being disinfected wi...
  Posted
i was prick by a needle of a glucomter of the patient and some blood come out but before that she was able to disinfect it with alcohol swab, am i be able to get any transmitted infection through this? eventhough its being disinfected wi...
  Posted
Hi. Im in high school right now and im looking for colleges that would Best fit me after i graduate . I know that I want to become an OB GYN and i know that i will either major in chemistry or biology but I dont know what college would...
  Posted
Hello, I am a healthcare professional and looking for your honest opinions/advice on my risk assesment. your thoughts/advice are truthly appreciated. I was administering a flu vaccine to a patient arm when i felt like something spl...
  Posted
We live in a duplex and the neighbor is finishing his basement. He used a spray painter to prime the drywall. The smell in our house is very strong. Smells like nail polish remover. Now my husband is getting headaches and vomiting and se...
  Posted
Dr. Parks, I am writing a new post as there was no way to replay to your previous resaponse. Old Name Nar70 I previously wrote" on sept 18th 2013. (Sorry so lengthy) "I'm male 43 and in good health. I came in contact with asbesto...
  Posted
My office has been going through renovations since mid January. I was bothered buy dust and such immediately which made sense but about a week and a half in I start getting back pain and abdominal pain it would come on in the early afte...
  Posted
I was sleeping on memory foam for about 2 weeks. The chemical smell of it was almost unbearable . after a few days I had a scratchy throat, cough, headache and I feel nauseous , I feel I have to detox somehow! any suggestions? thanks
  Posted
Hello, I have a question about risk of HIV or HCV infection. If a venepuncture/buffterfly (i.e. hollow) needle scratches you such that you get a 'paper cut' which doesn't bleed but looks a little red, is the skin 'broken' meaning that...
  Posted
I am a 28 year old paramedic student. During a er clinical I gave a 57 yo male pt an injection with a 25 Guage needle. He was in for prostate issues and kidney stone. After giving the injection I had trouble activating the cover and it...
  Posted
Yesterday I got home and opened the cupboard to find it smelling strongly of bug spray. We've had pantry months and I found out Mum got fed up and sprayed a few in the cupboard with bug spray. It was left there overnight and Mum cleaned ...
  Posted
When she picked it up and hold it, she pointed upward toward my direction and accidentally flashed at my my face at arms length before they put it in my mouth. I had light orange tinted glasses on me and it only lasted 1 second, but thos...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Occupational Health & Safety Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
caregiver222