Aa
A
A
Close

Occupational Health & Safety Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to occupational health & safety, blood borne exposures (needle sticks), chemical spills exposure, confined spaces, ergonomics, fire safety and exposure, industrial hygiene, hazardous material handling and shipping, indoor air quality, workplace injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, occupational asthma, personal protective equipment, safe lifting techniques, and workers compensation.

41 - 60 (of 176) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1.Can storage battery(ni-cd, VRLA) be used in office/human access area? 2.What are the regulations for the battry usage.
  Posted
do you get cold like symtoms when you breath them in
  Posted
my question is the other day they were doing some work on the apartment below us. I wasn't home my husband was and he was taking a nap. When he woke up the entire apartment was engulfed in fumes and his skin was burning he couldn't breat...
  Posted
I am only 21 years old, and I received a seasonal flu shot 2 weeks ago. Since then I have been experiencing pain in my shoulder. When I was given the shot, it was extremely painful, a pain I never felt before when receiving a shot.The sh...
  Posted
I've had the same problem wth pain after the flu shot - she hit me at the shoulder joint and the pain has been over 2 months now and I keep ice packing it. When I called she just said that it's normal for the shot to hurt for while in ...
  Posted
what happens if paint thinners get into the body also the blood stream
  Posted
I work in a manufacturing plant that uses alot of paint products containing isocyanate. The job I was doing required me to put parts on the product while it was still wet and i would then get the paint on me and my clothes. Even though...
  Posted
Ok my boyfriend and I are not having sex, but yet today when he was fingering me he went deeper then before. It felt like his finger was like going to pop out of my stomach. He would stop for a bit, but then do it again. It felt good but...
  Posted
Hi Dr. Parks, Thanks again for your responses to my original question. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Occupational-Safety--Health/asbestos-exposures/show/1568925#post_7123036 Unfortunately, I'm still thinking too much about the exp...
  Posted
I work in a refinery that is notorious for leaks and emissions. I get headaches, dizziness, ect on a regular basis. Is their any kind of blood test that will show what I am exposed to?
  Posted
Did you FILE A REPORT with the governmental agency for vaccine caused injuries at http://vaers.hhs.gov/index ? Please do because there are a lot of injuries that are unrecorded and therefore dismissed. Your injury needs to recorde...
  Posted
Hi im 24 and my job involves alot of typing mainly on the number pad. Iv worked there for 4 yrs but about 2 months ago i over did it typing and my right hand and wrist became painful and inflammed. My boss was unsympathetic so i went to ...
  Posted
Hello...had a question. A few years back I had a brief exposure to asbestos (had no idea at the time it was asbestos, only found out recently...was helping a friend w/an abandoned house which was bought...was only in for a few hours, but...
  Posted
I sand blasted and painted for 3 yrs.I have been having night sweats,chest pains,flu like symptoms for 4 months I have had ct,hrct,x rays,blood work all have been clear.I still cant find out whats wrong with been to Pulmonary dr said I h...
  Posted
We painted a couple of rooms in the house with semi gloss in April. My mother got very ill and started sleeping outside. We talked to the paint company and they told us to use Kilz and try again. We did. Still no good. The company said t...
  Posted
i was struck on the forehead heavily by a metal bar at work causing a few small cuts and 2 large ones yesterday. Since then i have found i have a numbness on the top of my head, it is on the same side as i was struck roughly 5"x5" in a c...
  Posted
My 82 yr old grandfather was in an accident last week, which most likely wasn't his fault, turning left at a green light someone blew threw the red light and side swiped him and my grandmother. To make a long and drawn out story short, g...
  Posted
IME
I was stuck with a needle several years ago. Subsequently contacted HEP C and HIV. Since that time I have been on labor and industries and social security disability. Currently my life s ok but i am unable to function at a 100%. If ...
  Posted
Excuse me if this is not the correct forum. I am interested in learning about areas to live that are easier on folks with arthritis an FMS/Chronic. I live in Eugene Or where there is little sun,high humidity and fluctuating barometric...
  Posted
I'm not sure if this is a big concern or not, but - while rearranging items on my desk in my bedroom - I discovered a leaking alkaline battery behind some papers. It had been there for some time, as the corroded acid had crusted onto the...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Occupational Health & Safety Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
caregiver222