Aa
A
A
Close

Occupational Safety & Health Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

1 - 20 (of 399) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Hi! I am a lesbian and I just had sex today. to our surprise, i got blood on my partner's finger. this is the first time I had this problem. it was color red. I don't feel that much pain inside.
  Posted
Hello, I work in the biochemical laboratory. Recently had the following case: I have typed blood serum in syringe and poured the serum in other tube. After that another employee pricked his finger with needle from the syringe, and aft...
  Posted
My initial test on the spot was inconclusive. Should i worry ? Is this another way of saying positive
  Posted
Hi, I am concerned about exposure to certain chemicals for lab work such as beta mercaptoethanol, formaldehyde, chloroform, protease inhibitors, etc while pregnant, especially the first trimester. I work in a fume hood and use gloves (...
  Posted
Hello, I'm a surgical technology student who sustained a needle stick from a solid suture needle three weeks ago. I've filed all the appropriate paperwork and have had my blood drawn. My problem, though. I felt the prick of th...
  Posted
I accidentally microvawed a pacifier thermometer with the baby's bottles in the sterilizer. I washed the bottles and sterilised it again, but it still has that burnt smell. Is it safe to keep feeding my baby from those bottles?
  Posted
My mother accidentally sterilized the "safety 1st pacifier thermometer," containing a 1.5V drycell battery, using a portable microwave sterilizer. She realized it a minute after she heard popping sound in the microwave. So she took out...
  Posted
Broad right paracentral disc protrusion at L5-S1 mildly effacing the ventral aspect the thecal sac and effacing the right lateral recess.  Disc desiccation at L5-S1.....these were my mri results on march 14 2014. Since then things have p...
  Posted
Hi, there. I'm hoping to get some expert advice. I'm a surgical technology student. This Monday I was working with either a SH suture needle or an FSH needle, and before I know it, I feel a quick sting. It was on my left index finger...
  Posted
Can I catch hepatitis B from a patient spitting in my face? I am worried because a little bit got in my eyes and in my mouth but I was able to get to a sink to spit and rinse my eyes. I have a family at home and scared of passing somethi...
  Posted
Hello dear forum members and respectful doctors! I am 22 years old. As an auditor I've been revising oil refinery laboratory and petcoke production workshop for a short period of time. More precisely, I was controlling different benze...
  Posted
Hey all, So, I'm wondering what types of documentation there are for the various industrial chemicals that are on a work site at a factory. I know that MSDS's are required, but I'm looking for something with more specificity than tha...
  Posted
6 weeks ago we moved into a new home. 5 weeks ago we had a painter paint most of our walls with Ben Moore low voc paint (just the walls). The painter also recommended painting my daughters popcorn ceiling as it was yellowed. He painted o...
  Posted
what are the fumes from medical batteries and are they harmful
  Posted
I'm male 43 and in good health. I came in contact with asbestos during a home renovation 2 months ago.. I removed approximately 7 feet of insulation. Immediately after I felt something in the back of my throat which made me cough. It was...
  Posted
I work in a bakery, and occasionally have what I call 'sneeze attacks.' They can start at any time of day, but only when I'm at work. I sneeze many, many times, and it will last for the rest of my shift. It usually will stop as soon as I...
  Posted
Hi, I was preparing some batteries for Hazwaste on the ship I work at and when I took appart the Chassis a bunch of battery corrosion turned to dust and I accidentally breathed it in. I immediately blew my nose and flushed it, but it s...
  Posted
Please someone help put my mind at ease a bit. i live in an appartment building that is very very old. up until recently i never put to thought the health risks an old building poses. i have my laundry area in the basement of our buil...
  Posted
Hi. I received the flu vaccine in Jan 2013 and after receiving the flu shot I started experiencing pain when lift my arm above my head, change my shirt, and the pain wakes me up at night. I had an MRI done in April 2013 and here ar...
  Posted
Ive put off getting an ob gyno for years since I didnt think my husband and I would end up pregnant any time soon. Even with all the stress and hard labor of work and life I still ended up pregnant. (I havent been on the pill for years ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank