Aa
A
A
Close

Occupational Safety & Health Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

21 - 40 (of 399) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I worked for a company that makes vinyl swimming pool liners.I got real bad pain in my left foot,both ankles were swollen,more pain than usual in my knees,and some redness on my right ankle.A week later my employer let me go.Could this b...
steve711 | Last answer
Recently our neighbors in our duplex had plumbing problems and poured acid down the drains without letting us know. The attached pipes filled our home with fumes so strong which smelled like rotten eggs. I was starting to get really gr...
roseh944 | Last answer
I work at linde forklift company in the battery shop, i take the flat batterys out of the trucks and replace them with fully charged ones.We have a large number of batterys constantly on charge and a very strong sulphur eggy smell all th...
cleo98 | Last answer
Hi I am a truck driver I cart dangerous goods such as acids, pesticides, and flammable liquids. I advised my GP when finding out I was pregnant that I carry these types of loads an I can often come in contact with them as I have to physi...
mammafsas | Last answer
I am a medical assistant and around 5'2. I was finishing up placing a ppd on a 9 year old girl and everything was fine except when it came to placing the needle in the sharp box. The pediatrician I work for is much taller than I am and h...
thoughts123 | Last answer
Hello, I am a police officer and a couple of days ago was dealing with some needles found on a drug user. I didnt notice any sharp pain or anything to indicate that I had been struck by the needle but after had sharp itching in my palm ...
konar84 | Last answer
I fell this past Sunday & hit my right side all the way from under my breast to my hip. I am in a lot of pain & have bruising, but the worst seems that the pain has gone to my back & I feel sick to my stomach, mainly after I eat. It do...
101098tlm | Last answer
helping a nurse give an intra muscular injection. as she withdrew the needle my hand got in the waycarefully and my little finger was pricked a litltle but bled a lot. The patient has no blood viruses. I washed the wound carefully and s...
lizzylou898 | Last answer
Hi, I am a nurse in the ER. Two days ago I was collecting a urine specimen from a patient. In our hospital we use the the BD vacutainer collection cups, which have a needle in them to make collection easier. The patient had given me t...
BNS16087 | Last answer
Hello, I recently discovered friable, breaking asbestos pipe insulation in my basement. We are going to have air quality testing done, and have considered dust wipe testing as well. I am extremely concerned for my family's health, i...
Mrsdaisy | Last answer
This happened almost 6 months ago, and I have had alot of stress going on in my life lately and of course I remember this incident. I am a nurse and I was changing a dried bloody guaze dressing with suture scissors. I had gloves on an...
scaredandoverthinking | Last answer
I am a lab worker. Today I injected Hek293T into mice but after injection I accidently punctured my finger with used needle. The Hek293 suspension was in very high density (10~8 cells/ml). I found a report about transmission of human ade...
beobambi | Last answer
Where do I go or who would I contact to file legal action for a poorly administered flu shot?
grandmaeve | Last answer
I have a exposure question. Work as a tech in an ER. I got exposed to Serosanguneous fluid on my check and part of lip. The amount was very small and My mouth was closed and I immediately scrub my face with soap and water. A nurse was wi...
CB2013 | Last answer
I am a 55 year old carpenter who has remodeled homes on and off for the last 25 years. but not on a daily basis. In 2001 I visited the world trade center site breathed in a large amount of the white dust that was covering everything. my...
g350 | Last answer
535882_tn?1396580285
how can i heal tennis elbow? i have to use my arm in my job every day. what can i do? Thanks Kevin
kl42 | Last answer
Hi, I recently moved to a new country and initially leased an apartment (for 25 days only) with a water tank made of chrysotile asbestos. I never saw the tank or went near it but I was told it was in very bad condition. I never drank th...
worriedsleeper78 | Last answer
I am an RN and push versed and fentanyl. I draw up the medication in the syringe with an 18 gauge needle and leave needle on with the cap. I then remove the needle and push the medication with the syringe through IV tubing. I went to...
shannibanani001 | Last answer
i work in a analytical chemistry lab.. we analyse finished drugs(tablets ,injections) for which we will have to inhale smell of solvents like Methanol,Acetonitrile,Tetrahydrofuran,n-Hexane ,Cyclohexane etc.., Now that am pregnant iam wor...
myks | Last answer
I am a manager in a call Center for a FSA regulated company so part of my duties is to monitor the phone calls of my team for compliance . However I also have psoriasis a skin condition that mostly manifests on my elbows an knees but al...
rainchild | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank