Aa
A
A
Close

Occupational Safety & Health Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding Occupational Safety & Health questions pertaining to: Blood Borne Exposures (Needle sticks), Chemical Safety-Spills-Exposure, Confined Spaces, Corporate Planning, Ergonomics, Fire Safety-Exposure, Industrial Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Material Handling and Shipping, Health and Productivity Management, Indoor Air Quality, Injuries in the workplace, Noise-induced hearing loss, Nanotechnology and your health, Occupational Asthma , Pandemic Influenza (“FLU”), Personal Protective Equipment, Risk Communication, Safe Lifting Techniques, Workers compensation

61 - 80 (of 399) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
when i went to work this morning there was a bad smell of acid when i went to check the fork lifts one of them was blowing alot of steam from batteries. we were told to work on even though the warehouse stunk of acid smell. i work in...
kenny127 | Last answer
Several days ago, I felt a pinch to my thumb tip while using hemostats to open up an abscess and then pack the wound with gauze and used scissors to cut the gauze. During the procedure I felt a pinch to my thumb tip from the handle or m...
amr1980 | Last answer
I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I've been exposed to SDS(lauryl solfate) and beta mercaptoethanol twice, how would it affect my baby? i did not directly inhale it, but rather smelled it as i walked by and pippetted some out. i also wear a l...
kelms | Last answer
I was in the navy for 4 years from 1971 to 1975 and my job was to wear the asbestos hot suit for crash helicopters. I wore the full asbestos suit which consist of body suit, gloves and helmet. Since that time I have a severe case of slee...
clarence1311 | Last answer
Good day Doctor! I'm working in ER. I got accidentally ***** by a used needle 2 days ago, it was a punctured wound but not too deep. I was not able to report the case to my charge nurse (which is a big mistake on my part). Now I'm get...
nrz24 | Last answer
Had to get the tire replaced on my yamaha 2006 nouvou 125cc motorcycle in a open shop right next to the door entrance. I left to let them take off the tire and replace and returned to p/u the bike 10min later. Later I found out that ...
ranosb | Last answer
Hello, I believe I was exposed to asbestos years ago and I'm wondering if I have anything to worry about. I was scraping lose paint off my home's cement shingles and after the third day learned they were asbestos shingles.... GREAT. I di...
EddT | Last answer
3102989_tn?1352386724
I am a healthy 25 yr old active duty Navy female. For two yrs I have been on a relatively regular work out schedule based on running and other cardio supported with proper stretching and cool down exercises. Just as of four months ago I ...
LadyWolf26 | Last answer
Hello, Five days ago, my family went to Vancouver, BC, Canada. In a Royal Bank of Canada branch, I took my son (3 years old) to the bathroom. The door of the bathroom was stuck so I pushed it hard to close it. Some black stuff fell fr...
worryingfather | Last answer
I am a CNA at an assisted living, I am currently 7 weeks pregnant, will lifting & being on my feet be bad for the baby?
ivycaroline | Last answer
I recently developed a bad cough.I would cough up a yellow mucus in the morning. Also bad middle back pain. I spend 8-12 hours in my pick-up at work. Yesterday I realized that the battery was off-gassing fumes. The battery was so bad it ...
billbuffy | Last answer
I have short bowel syndrome and malabsorption as a result of surgery 12 years ago. Since then I have always had very foul smelling bowel movements. Bad enough that my ex-husband decided he could not live in the house with me anymore, a...
Minskore | Last answer
Fatigue management is becoming a growing area of interest and research in Australia mainly due to the mining boom. As it becomes more a topic of interest this can only benefit other workers such police, nurses and other shift workers. Th...
TomBrown | Last answer
My husband, myself and our 5yr old daughter have recently been unknowingly exposed to asbesto's. My husband was cutting and drilling into outdoor house tiles that have asbesto's in them. It was about 50 to 60 2 foot asbestos tiles. My hu...
amoulton76 | Last answer
Hi. There was a fire at our school last week. The fumes have been awful. Staff and students alike have been getting sick but (due to the country we're in) we're not allowed to close. The fire was small - contained to the accounts o...
wensdazechyld | Last answer
I was working (hairstyling) and I hit my head on the corner of my staton. It is very hard wood. Luckily, it was only in the front of my head but I lost about 2 tablespoons of blood. I was bending down to plug in my iron. I feel okay, it'...
Muffinstraw1 | Last answer
yes, i fell from a 12 foot ladder 9 days ago (last step before top one). i fell on my right side. I have had pain in my upper middle back and buttocks and now my left rib cage is sore. The overall pain has gradually gotten better (fir...
myaflac1 | Last answer
My Dad was working in Battery manufacturing company from 26 years and last week he started blood vomiting and chest pain so we admitted him to the hospital.. after a blood check up the report showed it had 37mg/dl of blood lead in his bl...
nag313 | Last answer
Hi Dr. Parks Thanks again for your responses to my original question. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Occupational-Safety--Health/asbestos-exposures/show/1568925#post_7123036 Unfortunately, I'm still thinking too much about the exposur...
lshulster | Last answer
We just bought a used RV. I noticed outside it smelled like rotten eggs. It did inside the RV too. We were changing out the old toilet, so we thought it might be from that. My stepson suggested that it could be a battery going bad. ...
Vicki65 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank