Aa
A
A
Close

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

1 - 20 (of 558) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I don't know if it is TMJ or what else. I had a filling in one of my chewing tooth for the last 7 years which was gone. I got it filled again with another dentist. The filling went away within 3 days. Once again he filled it after 15 day...
tabona | Last answer
Hi I was wondering if oral tounge cancer can get smaller I have not been diagnosed just that i have a small bright red and white bump on tip of tounge like the size of the tip of a pin, but a week ago it was the size of a tear drop and ...
worrywort12 | Last answer
Hello there, I am 26 years old and I had a maxillofacial surgery almost exactly 3 years ago during which metal plates and screws were drilled into my jawbones and cheek areas. I checked online and my surgeon has retired since so I hav...
tiredandscared | Last answer
I'm very concerned. I had an implant that failed, it was removed and I had bone grafting, then I had another implant surgery. The bone and gum on the out-facing side of the implant receded and a good portion of the implant is exposed. ...
jb42 | Last answer
Hello. Thanks in advance for your time. I am writing because a 8 days ago I had a radicular cyst (biopsy confirmed) removed from my mandible. It was (theory) from a failed root canal 7 months ago. However, it grew quite large. The ...
chris484 | Last answer
i have infaction under my tongue it hapened to me 4 years ago but i did get only some anti biotiks but know i have biger problem i didnt eat 4 2 days it loks like i have another tongue under I do not know what shoul i do?
adriatik | Last answer
I had a lower root canal on my upper Bicuspid 2 1/2 yrs ago this cracked my crowned my dentist put a temporary on since I was still having some pain. The x-rays showed everything was great and nothing more to do. He sent me on to a or...
UpRight | Last answer
In Jan 2014 I had three cavities filled as preventive—I had NO pain prior to the work. I had one filled in upper right back tooth (small cavity) and two in the lower left molars (medium cavity). I put it off for a long time because I ...
marlae007 | Last answer
Hi, I am in serious pain and in need of help please. On Tuesday of last week, I went in to get evaluated for a wisdom tooth extraction I was going to need due to a light infection (inflammation) on my right side, upper and lower. H...
AngelaDahlia | Last answer
hello, I am a male had 4 teeth extracted for orthodontic treatment when I was 14. Bicuspid I think. The braces were on for 4 years which I was later told was too long. I am now 47 and healthy however I have always been aware from phot...
chapo | Last answer
I recently had a tooth extraction on tooth #31. I developed a blood clot that currently has a whitish in color appearance. I am very concerned about dry socket so I have been keeping track of the clot. I sent this question to my dentist,...
ChristianFox48 | Last answer
I had two dental implants placed in my upper right side in November, and after one week I was experience pain with the implants. I had to seek help because the surgeon who placed in the implants did not believe me. I went to an Endo an...
karenr61 | Last answer
In 2005, I had a bilateral total joint replacement of my TMJ's. Since the surgery, I've had hearing loss and vision loss. I've also had severe bone pain in the mandibular bone and the bone behind my ear. The pain instantly draws me t...
johnna74 | Last answer
6 years ago I had my cheekbone smashed by a hockey ball. I have two operations to fix the side of my face but as I had severed my infraorbital nerve had severe nerve damage. I had terrible ant like sensation and hyper sensetive areas a...
Fatkat68 | Last answer
Two years ago I had augmentation of my jaw/chin done by a plastic surgeon using Hydroxyapatite. The goal was to widen my jaw by adding volume at the start of the jawline. Additionally, volume was going to be added to my chin to widen it...
aussiedavid | Last answer
Hi, Hoping you can help me with something......I've been having some trouble with a tooth for the past couple of months, thinking it is probably just a cavity, and I know I need to go get it looked at. The other day, I noticed some ten...
mary03 | Last answer
Hello, I am a 17 year old male entering my senior year in high school. I have had two surgeries, in April and December of 2007, to remove an inflamed keratocystic odontogenic tumor (KCOT) in my right posterior maxillary sinus. N...
Dirikiju | Last answer
Hello, It's been 8 days since I had wisdom teeth surgery to remove two of my right wisdom teeth. Yesterday, I had the stitches removed and the doctor said that everything looked great. While checking my teeth, I noticed a small hole in...
LadyX19 | Last answer
Hello Doctor, I have been struggling with the following conditions for 6 months with what seems to me with no resolution in sight. This all started after unprotected oral sex. 1 day after my encounter I had a red spot on the tip of my t...
imocd | Last answer
Hi i had a cyst removed in my upper gums last October 2007. Following surgery i had problems with pain and infection a few weeks afer surgery. They kept giving my clindomyacin saying maybe food was lodged in my gums since it was such a ...
joellen961 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now