Aa
A
A
Close

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

61 - 80 (of 558) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
789700_tn?1256910687
I had bone grafting, then several days later my right eye became very red, i was placed on cleocin 150mg tid, after about a week and a half, my eye seemed to be getting better. I had another bone graft done, then my eye flared up again, ...
shelbar | Last answer
I was told about 2 years ago that I needed to have all four wisdom teeth extracted. I am a 35 yr old woman and all four of these teeth are impacted. I went to an oral surgeon who let me know that these would be difficult extractions fo...
dankimdani | Last answer
Dear Sirs, I asking a question on behalf of my mother. October - She had two back molars removed on her right lower jaw. Both had fillings. She broke them (one crumbled) while she was eating. She tells me the dentist had trouble...
Dablue | Last answer
I had a root canal on #14 due to a dead nerve. No infection was found. The endodontist drilled thru a crown that was on the tooth. One week later the left side of my face started swelling, my eye reddened and was tearing. I was put on ...
Rose2004 | Last answer
Hi, Please help, I'm really scared. I had 2 root canals done last week, #14 & #13. This all started because I visited a dentist and after taking an xray he noticed I had an abscess on #13, which he thought was caused from an infection on...
LostFan | Last answer
I have been having what is best described as pain and Dysesthesia (ants running/tingling, etc) in the infraorbtal region for 2+ years. It is persistent and the disturbance is very hard to live with. I have seen many Neurologist, ENT and...
Ctown81 | Last answer
I noticed on my appointment for Monday that I am having a CT with fusion protocol done on my sinuses. Is this a CT with contrast, or is it a bit different? What would be the reason for this protocol? She also placed me in a preop stag...
ttutah3 | Last answer
I just posted on the 6th about a lump on palate and nose. Your response was very helpful and reassuraing. Now I am a bit more worried as I have noticed a small red patch resembling blood vessels on the lump. I also have a bit of dull ...
ttutah3 | Last answer
On 18th Aug '08 I had 4 wisdom teeth removed under G.A. at a UK hospital. The operation took 90 mins. Over the next 7 to 10 days I had intense pain, facial swelling/bruising and most worryingly very strong numbness and pain to the left...
FinMF | Last answer
Hello, and thank you very much for your response. I am a 23 year old male, and do not drink/smoke. I am wondering if this is normal; on the floor of my mouth, I noticed what feels like a tiny bump located under the skin. When I play with...
PennStatePride | Last answer
Hi, I never post on forums, but I am very scared and cannot see my ENT until Wednesday. First a history. 12 years ago I had 12 benign nasal polyps removed and major work done on the right side of my sinuses and a corrected deviated septu...
ttutah3 | Last answer
my q. is similar to the one about numbness. 4 months ago I had 2 implants placed in my lower jaw and the teeth removed to do this. I recovered and have had only the few days pain that would be normal to be associated with this surgery, h...
gonetoga | Last answer
I have a bump on my gum , it is mostly red in colour but with a litle white on one end , it is painless and feels juz like a normal gum , i dont have any sore throat or anything. Any clues about what is this ? I am quite busy recently so...
xCloudStrifex | Last answer
i just had 5 teeth removed on friday (now being monday) im still having some small blood in my saliva. just wondering if thats normal??
circafan99 | Last answer
I have a tooth crown towards the front (next to one insissor) that may need replacement soon. Been this way for 7+ years and it came off a year ago since the tooth inside started going bad. My present dentist glued it back on at its held...
tobybul | Last answer
I had apical surgery on my lower right molar one tooth in from the back about 10 days ago. This was to correct what was apparently a failed root canal a year earlier. The procedure was performed by an endodontist that specializes in this...
daavvee | Last answer
I wish all dentists were like you. You seen to really care about the questions and the people asking them. If I lived closer, you can be sure I would be a patient. Thank you.
mlateacher | Last answer
hi i had my number 15 tooth extracted on thursday while i was having it done the dentist pushed the root of the tooth into my nasal passage they woke me up to take another xray to find the root then they finally retrieved it i am in an e...
CSTAR77872 | Last answer
I had three extractions and threeimplants on my front teeth two weeks ago. I had the stitches removed last week and the dentist said all was well. This week I notice a small protruding blister between one of the implant sites and a too...
mlateacher | Last answer
Hi, I had one root canal on #30 and it was fine. Two weeks later, root canal on #15-part of my tooth fell out, then the sealent came out. (I was not chewing anything, I was drinking water!) My jaw bone has not been the same since. I wa...
DaphneLynne | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now