Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

81 - 100 (of 558) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Three weeks and 4 days ago I had a bad fall accident from the 2nd floor of a building and landed on concrete on my chin and badly fractured both my jaws (up to my ear on the left), and it knocked out my 4 front top teeth, moved some of m...
  Posted
Went for routine dentist appt, and they thought found a cyst. So after biopsy with surgeon it was not a cyst but bone loss on two areas of my teeth. I had braces before, and had them on for over 4 years, it was supposed to be 2 but i did...
  Posted
I'm a 22 year-old male, and my wisdom teeth have slowly been coming in over the last two years. My top teeth have broken through the gums fully about a year ago, and they only hurt a little while coming in. They are fine now, but I can...
  Posted
I've been reading up on some of the same situations here and I just wanted to post my own one up and get and opinion. I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed 7 days ago. Now my tongue is still numb and has a constant stinging/burning to...
  Posted
I had a root removed 10 days ago and a new tooth added to a denture. The minute I was injected I had a reaction as soon as I sat up, I felt dizzy and unwell. I had root removed and went home. A few days later I was in a lot of pain and p...
  Posted
I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum for this but the dental health forum is not taking additional questions...My son is 6 and has had problems with his teeth since he was 3. He has had to have multiple fillings done by the time he...
  Posted
I had a root canal over a year ago on lower right side. Received trauma from a hit in the opposite jaw that at first produced mild discomfort. Went to the dentist two days later and received antibiotics b/c nothing showed up on the xra...
  Posted
For all of you out there searching the web for answers..... I had my wisdom teeth removed 3 years ago. About 3 days after the surgery I knew something wasn't right. My entire mouth was dead numb. I couldn't talk right or chew food withou...
  Posted
Do baby teeth grow in size after birth? Is whatever size the baby teeth are at eruption the same size until they are replaced by permanent teeth. Do the baby teeth actually grow in size during the baby growth? I was told the bab...
  Posted
39 yrs old, F. lower left wisdom tooth, mesial impacted, lower right wisdom tooth, horizontal impacted. Upper left wisdom tooth-missing. Presented to my dentist on in Dec 2008 for filling on upper #15 and #12. No pain symptoms, just gett...
  Posted
what the medical term for halitosis in the peptic ulcer condition?
  Posted
746512 tn?1388811180
I have been told by my dentist that the only way to stop using a night bite guard for grinding teeth is to have jaw sugery to realign the bones. The problem is through my insurance (still on my mother's due to still being in school) I h...
  Posted
750953 tn?1234015946
I went to the dentist to have a filling re-done. Twice I had to go back to the dentist and have them adjust the filling. It still hurt. So the 4th time I asked them to just re-do it. When he put the Novocain in it hurt really bad and m...
  Posted
Hi doctor, I had my wisdom tooth removed for my right lower jaw side 2 and the 1/2 month ago, my stich removal was 1 and the 1/2 months ago. My wound looks healing but the place where the tooth roots sits still looks red, i not sure i...
  Posted
I am a 38 year old and I have many issues and always have when it comes to my teeth. I HAD an overbite and protruding front teeth . At the age af 32 had braces put on and saw a surgeon regarding extending lower jaw. I never had TMJ or an...
  Posted
why are some crown preps painful and others are not. I was in awful pain the day after the prep and then the pain subsided. It is only sensitive now. once in a while i have a sharp nerve pain for an instant.
  Posted
A few months ago I yawned really big a pop sound came from my right side of my jaw then a crunching sound when i close my mouth. After that my face started to tightning in the side , also stiffness in my jaw and my neck . I been having ...
  Posted
im am 21 years old, and about 5 years ago I remember eating some hard candies and my jaw locked up on me. It wasnt painful but a slight annoyance up untill this point. It wasnt every day that it would lock up at the begining ( for about...
  Posted
Hello Doctor I recently noticed may be a month ago a lump or a lump like swelling in the lower portion of the inside of cheek on the left side. What could it be?? I have a sinus problem and yearly when the weather is bad or it's too c...
  Posted
hi, my father has g6pd deficiency, can he go for tooth extraction.he is also diabetic but is controlled with oral hypoglyciemics
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now