Aa
A
A
Close

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

101 - 120 (of 558) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled on 1/10/09, it's been about two weeks now. On around the 14th I tried not taking any of my pain medication to see if I'd be able to handle the little discomfort that there might be. Well it was pain throu...
shad295 | Last answer
It started about 8 months ago. For three or four days I couldn't sleep with the pain (which at that time seemed to be coming from my teeth). I had my teeth x-rayed and everything looked ok. I also had very increased saliva flow. I still ...
deev2718 | Last answer
how long approximately will the wires be remeved and will it still hurt when i eat
Shortiek | Last answer
743063_tn?1232670664
I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 10 years ago and , the bottom right one has kept swelling up and hurting over the years and the other day I felt a little somthing sticking out of it and pulled it out with tweezers and now there is a h...
trishal271 | Last answer
hi, im 16 male.. almost a year ago i performed oral sex on my girl friend.. the next day i my tongue was sore when i moved it.. over the next few days the pain eased up and soon enough it was gone.. but from then on everytime i makeout o...
daniel182 | Last answer
I am at my wits end!! I had rooting and scaling done in my entire mouth over 2 sessions by a periodontist. It was the most horrible and painful experience!! First off, I must have had about 20 injectionsof carbocaine done and they did...
jojobella | Last answer
I had my upper right wisdom tooth taken out on Friday. It was a pretty horrible experience, it took the dental studant abouot 45 mins to get it out. My problem is that my molars around the extraction are realy painful. Its difficult to ...
monkeybishop123 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with TMJ 3 years ago at an emergency room after my jaw locked for the first time. They referred me to both an ENT and a dentist. The ENT told me my jaw is so bad that its just a matter of time before it dislocates. Gave m...
nikki21b | Last answer
There is a swelling above my last right top tooth (I will call it No 1 from the back). I went to see the dentist and he did some work on the filling. The x-ray did not show any sign of concern at the time. However over Chistmas the s...
Anitka | Last answer
Four days ago I had a new filling put into I believe tooth 12 on the upper left side of my mouth & then a partial overlay put over that. I have many crowns and not had problems, but two days after the procedure my upper gums & the toot...
none2009 | Last answer
hi. i am a female and my snoring is really bad. it started a few years ago out of the blue and has got steadily worse. i am keeping my husband awake and i can be heard snoring from downstairs over the tv. i caanot believe this noise come...
deedee911 | Last answer
i have to have my #15 tooth extracted. i had root canal on the tooth a few years ago and never had a crown put on because the tooth always seemed to have pain in it and the dentist could not find a reason for it. a few months back the ...
rfarb | Last answer
dr. I have had lumps in my mouth for over 20 years, freely movable no pain, not growing as I can tell. I used to chew tobacco, go to the dentist at least once a year, usually twice. never has any dentist said anything to me. I also have ...
jmags49 | Last answer
Hi, my mother (aged 71) recently had extensive surgery to remove a tumour from her gum. This required taking 7cm of bone from her hip and muscle from the hip to transplant into her mouth. She had 52 nodes removed from her neck during the...
d4ms | Last answer
Dear Doctor, I recently discovered the program called "Give Back A Smile" and I was really excited to get my application in the mail today. I opened it up and read the guidelines and apparently I don't qualify. As you might know, it's...
one_sick_bear | Last answer
I am having an unbelievable amount of tingling pain in the right side of my face on my mandibular condyle. It is a tingling pain and just started today. It has happened in the past but then went away. Well today it seems to want to just ...
dholly84 | Last answer
Hello Dr., Three weeks ago I had same day extraction/implant/temp. crown.on tooth #12. No infection (old crown fell off and remaining tooth was very soft), adequate bone. Oral Surgeon did a CT Scan prior to procedure and put me on pos...
jc999 | Last answer
Hello. I will start at the beginning. 10 years ago, a dentist did a partial root canal and placed a temporary filling in tooth #10. I think the dental office did not have prior authorization, and I could not find anyone willing to finish...
3badcats | Last answer
My 15 year old grandson discovered this past week just above the end of his jaw bone (right side ) a tiny pea sized hard nodule under the skin. It hurts when it is pushed on. What do you think? What kind of doctor should he see?Thank y...
Sunshineladyfl | Last answer
My Dr. extracted by infected wisdom tooth about 8 days ago and the post-op was relatively painless, just some soreness... Now, A few days ago I started to experience some pain in my ear and sinus areas of my forehead and in and around m...
Steve122 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now