Aa
A
A
Close

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Forum

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

121 - 140 (of 558) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
When my daughter was about 5 or 6 it was noticed that one of her baby teeth sat a lot lower than all her other teeth. After xraying further to make sure there was even an adult tooth under it the dentist came to the conculusion that it ...
  Posted
I had my lower wisdom tooth removed nearly 3 years ago. My tooth was impacted mesially. I sufffered from a dry socket which was extremely painful, then suffered from numbness, tingling and pins and needles in the rightof my tongue. My d...
  Posted
cbl
Help! I had my upper left wisdom tooth extracted three days ago. The extraction site itself seems to be fine, however, my cheek is terribly swollen. It feels like a rock in my cheek. I have been on antibiotics for 24 hours, but there...
  Posted
Hi, I am an adult male (early 30s) and am about to undergo a 2 stage orthognathic surgery process. Step 1 include a SARPE (2 Piece LeFort I) to widen my upper palate, and an MSDO to widen my lower palate to relieve severe lower crowd...
  Posted
hi, i'm a 20 years old boy & a patient of class III maloclusion.my lower jaw is larger than the upper jaw.i've problem in speaking,chewing.now i'm wearing braces & my doctor said i've to wear it 1 and haif year before surgery now my ques...
  Posted
222267 tn?1253305810
2 months ago I had a 13 year old rejected implant removed from the #10 (I think, it's the front tooth). The first implant required a lot of surgeries due to trauma from the baseball bat. I had bone removed and cadaver bone put in. The...
  Posted
I have been cutting windom teeth now for over a year or so, with no discomfort. I admit, I am not fond of dentists and have been putting off seeing one for at least 2 years now (I know, not smart). Well tonight, all of the sudden I was h...
  Posted
I went to see the dentist approximately two days ago. He is treating me for a tooth abscess, and started me on Antibiotics and pain meds. I'm just wondering - the puss pockets seems to be about the same size, and is mostly uncomfortabl...
  Posted
I am a 45 yr. old female. I had the bottom left molar extracted 1 yr. ago and am considering a dental implant; but, worried if it isn't sucsessful. What is the success rate for a bottom left molar dental implant? What is the e...
  Posted
I have been experiencing pain for two weeks now. There is pain on the right side of my mouth/face. It starts in the jaw joint in front of my ear and refers to my upper and lower right teeth (I had recent work on an upper tooth 1 1/2 yrs ...
  Posted
558301 tn?1215734456
Few days ago I went to the dentist concerned that my swollen lymph node, sore throat, aching jaw/sinuses, sensitive teeth & irritated mouth might be due to damaged/infected teeth/gums. Dentist reported no infection in teeth or gums tho...
  Posted
I recently got a half root canal done about 1-2 months ago , I could not afford to pay it so i just left it the dentist told me it is severely dangerous but i did my own thing. After it was done there was some what of a lump above the to...
  Posted
For the past 6 months, I have been cutting wisdom teeth. It started about a little before I turned 27 last August. All the other teeth came in fine with no problems, not even headache. Monday, a couple days ago, I started feeling quit...
  Posted
I have had this happen three times already in a period of 4 months. My problem is with my tongue, first a large liquid filled blister grows on the middle side of my tongue. Then it burst on its own and eventually 3/4 of my tongue gets ...
  Posted
Hello, yesturday i was sitting down, leaning on my jaw, and suddenly this crunching/clicking noise happened on the right side of my jaw. im not in lots of pain but i can constantly feel it. i cant open my mouth fully without feeling pai...
  Posted
My Mother was diagnosed with Tongue and Neck Cancer in November of 2005 and had surgery in December and Radiation in January of 2006. Since the surgery she has had a lot of trouble tasting and complains of a metallic taste. Is there an...
  Posted
I had my wisdom teeth removed and all went fine. I was sent home with preventative antibiotics and pain meds. I went through with the antibiotics and finished it as I was supposed to. Then around 3 weeks after the surgery, the right side...
  Posted
I been having this bump on the top of my mouth behind my left side teeths.What is it? And how can I take care of it?
  Posted
Hello, I'm a 26 year old female who has had A LOT of work done to my teeth already. I had to have a lower right molar removed about a year ago and my tongue on that side swells a little bit every now and then. I wasn't sure if it is beca...
  Posted
I asked this question is the dentist health forum but then I found this one. I figured this would be the more proper place and I thought it wouldn't hurt to get more insight. My clot keeps falling out and I'm wondering if the gum tissu...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank