Aa
A
A
Close

Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

1 - 20 (of 946) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I suffer with severe pain from knee down to my foot, on the inside of my shin. It is very knotty as you run your finger up both my shins. The pain is 24/7, and i can only stand for short periods. If I crouch down then the pain is worse a...
seavor | Last answer
While moving file cabinets, boxes, etc, in the office last week, I believe I pulled my serratus anterior on my right side. I am having extreme pain while trying to breathe (as well as coughing, and I am getting over a cold!), decreased ...
dendrodork123 | Last answer
Hello there! I had a lateral meniscus tear which I had arthiscopic knee surgery on 2 years ago. The Dr told me that I had developed arthritis in it. Even after a few years later I have pain and I'm meloxicam 15mg once a day. My questions...
Techguy727 | Last answer
Many online sites, and acquaintences, warn about infection in the knee after knee replacement. Although the doctor uses a pre-surgery antibiotic and tests for MRSA (staph) and treats if needed, the threat of infection still seems to hov...
wiscan | Last answer
A little background.... I'm a 46yo fem skier symptoms of joint line pain and stiffness in the right knee. No locking or serious instability although the knee has given a couple of times. 18years prior I had a broken tibial plateau ...
infoseeker65 | Last answer
I was lifting weights about 6 months ago and felt a pop in my upper left back. 3 hours later i was at the emergency room with spasms so bad i could not move. It hurt even to breathe. They gave me a shot and flexerol and i took it easy fo...
jason60 | Last answer
Hi, I had a rot. cuff repair in July 11 and a bicep tenotomy Nov. 11. Still have the same pain I had since July. It is upper bicep, front side above elbow but below shoulder. It hurts esp. lifting arm up and to side. ROM is gone and a...
Destinyjb | Last answer
Hello... I'm 30 years old and have been diagnosed with "Moderate patellar chondrosis with deep cartilage fissuring, surface irregularity and subchondral marrow changes especially involving the inferior aspect". I also have "patella alta...
Norris11 | Last answer
My 83 year old mother had a gluteus medius tendon tear (completely) which was repaired in May of 2010. She is still using a walker, and the muscles in her leg are getting weak. Her doctor had done the repair surgery only one time befor...
pattygibson626 | Last answer
Am age 65. Diagnosed with tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus extending into inferior articular surface, plus some arthritis. Ice, heat, NSAIDs, hydrocodone don't help. Cortisone shot helped a little. Pain puts me in wheelchair...
nancy1215 | Last answer
2/4/09 Dear Dr. Gross: I damaged both of my knees playing football more than 40 years ago. I damaged the meniscus on the inside of both knees from being tackled many times. I have been able to get by all of these years but now th...
TheCrow | Last answer
I went to see an orthopedic doctor due to noticing a few months after a skiing injury. I was having severe knee pain and it felt like my right leg was going to give out on me even when walking. I also noticed that my fibula head was sti...
Daglias | Last answer
Good day, I am 10+ years post surgery from a scaphoid non-union (from fighting/Muay Thai). I have been hesitant for years on hitting the bag again, or even getting into the ring for a sparring match. Is there any evidence, studies...
nxrble | Last answer
I have a left leg ACL injury (tear, not complete but severe) as diagnosed by an MRI (10/9/08) & visits to the Emergency room (09/12/08) and a regular doctor (on going). I have no medical insurance and dispite approval for 'Medical Chari...
MaryB57 | Last answer
My sister had a petela and ligament reconstruction, plsu numerous other things done because of tears etc. found after going into the knee. Less than one week after surgery and after going to Physical therapy twice she started having a bu...
geniemc1216 | Last answer
Hey where is the Doctor here?
Destinyjb | Last answer
358486_tn?1294779988
I have severe pain in low back ,Sacroiliac Iliac joint,left buttock,left hip,pelvic bones,groin, Sciatic type pain all the way down side of left leg,ankles. I have had 4 spinal surgerys in this past yr, the the past 3 months been seein' ...
BrandyF | Last answer
Dear Doctor, Around 3 months ago, I twisted my left ankle playing soccer and slowly had trouble walking. It was very painful. I went to ER and was told that I have an ankle sprain. I have had this pain on-going with walking for a month...
tal2009 | Last answer
I had a microfracture surgery in early 2009 to repair a torn meniscus in my left knee and that was the worst decision of my life. I have more pain now than I did before the surgery and it seems like the microfracture was a complete failu...
Zenjedi | Last answer
I suffered an Achilles tendinitis back in October from a running injury, and it's been nagging me ever since. After about three weeks I stopped limping but it's still tender when I touch the area in the back at the lower calf where the A...
braintrust | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now