Aa
A
A
Close

Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

21 - 40 (of 946) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
severe leg pain at night when I lie down, in the chin bone, the chin bone has knots up and down the bone and it is raised. what is wrong with me.
gg1947 | Last answer
About 2 years ago I mildly sprained my ankle tumbling for cheerleading. Went to the after hours clinic and they said to rest it and wear a brace. It finally got better so I went back to normal activities with no problem at all. The begin...
cicelynoelle | Posted
Hi- At what ages/order order do growth plates usually close in boys? Thank you
hodgieman | Posted
I'm recovering from a meniscus removal surgery, I would like to ask which is the best rehabilitation schedule to follow. Thank You
MartaLeoni | Posted
My daughter sprained her ankle last night while playing tag in the yard with her friends. Her foot got caught in a tree vine and down she went. Her ankle immediately swelled up, so I took her to the E.R. for an x-ray. We were told the...
beckyforbes | Posted
I have 3 issues I need to address, 1) theres a medium sized bump on the inside of my ankle and I'm not sure what's going on. 2) when I walk there's a pain in the top of my foot with a bruise and it's becomeing very vainey. I also it...
Luboo1 | Posted
I've been having lower back pain for about six weeks and about the same time that the back pain developed I also got the tingling, catching feeling under my left rib cage.I've been seeing a chropractor who feels I have lower back strain....
zimbo21 | Posted
I am a 37 year old mother of two. Several doctors have recommended that I need to have a triple fusion, c4-7. I have moderate to severe osteoarthritis in my vertebre and facet joints. I was told that this is my only option and that my...
rosejoy333 | Posted
Hello, I had flat foot reconstruction in April 2012. This involved a medial calcaneal displacement osteotomy, lateral column lengthening (Evan's procedure), debridement of the posterior tibial tendon (left intact) and a transfer of the ...
posttibtend | Posted
Towards the end of October 2011, i started having slight lower back pain. I thought it was minor and ignored it till it got really worse by November. I couldn't move and lying down on the bed straight was even more painful. By Mid Novemb...
sebastia | Posted
My son was hit in the shin by a baseball, and now has an oblong rock hard lump on his shin. His pediatrician said it is probably a calcium deposit, but ordered an xray just to make sure it isn't anything serious. My question is how lon...
AMC5 | Posted
9 months ago while kneeling on a hard surface in trainers with toes bent down, I kneeled back on my ankles with force as I was pulling out a tent peg that suddenly released! I felt a tight pull down the outside of my right knee accompani...
Selegg | Posted
Yesterday at a softball game, I was batting and I got hit with a softball on my left foot on the outside part of my foot. It hit between my ankle bone and my heel, and the pitch was probably about 45 mph. I couldn't walk on it for a litt...
Tmae123 | Posted
I suffered a severe grade II sprain of the ucl in left hand. My doctor put it in a cast for four weeks, and then a splint for two weeks. I've been doing ROM exercises and it feels pretty good overall. I'm now 8 weeks post-injury. How...
embagel | Posted
My mother is 93 years old and is considered morbid obese due to her weight. An orthopedic surgeon has been treating her for pain in her knees. He says they are totally shot and should be replaced. Her regular PCP concurrs that she could ...
no1texan | Posted
About 3.5 months ago I fell hard on my knees on concrete. My right knee is ok but my left one still hurts. There was bruisng in the spot and discomfort. Gradually it seemed like the knee got stiffer and more painful, now its seems to j...
s24320 | Posted
2 years ago I had the OATS procedure on my right ankle. I did everything they told me to do like no weight bearing for 6 weeks and then gradually put more weight on it after. At first the doctors told me i would need physiotherapy but af...
2012rj | Last answer
I was on macrobid 50mg. for 6 weeks, and now developed severe gastritits, endocscopy , catscan all normal. Can macrobid do this. Ive stopped it.How long before things get back. Ive had the gastritis for 3 weeks,already.
narcoleptic | Posted
Thank you for your time doctor. I'm a 31yo female. I have hypermobility in my spine, an extra vertebrae (born with it) and I grow some kind of bone spurs without any known trauma to the areas involved. It causes alot of pain and restrict...
kbradshaw420 | Posted
Hi Dr. Gross, I had a rot. cuff repair and bicep tenotomy in my right arm in Jan. 12. Still severe pain in bicep(upper arm). Saw newDr. and he gave me cortisone shots in both my shoulder and bicep to no avail. He feels the bicep when ...
Destinyjb | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now