Aa
A
A
Close

Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

41 - 60 (of 946) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Can the surgery (arthroscopic) to explore for a MMT/and repair a MMT cause a blood clot to form? If a blood clot forms how long can it be present before it can cause the patient problems in the future?
  Posted
In the past few days I notice that many of my joints crack. I'm male and 30 years old. I have cracking in my knees,elbows and also my toes when I walk! I do not take any medicine and didn't change anything which could explain why sudde...
  Posted
What kind of dr treats hemetoma of the gastrocnemius muscle?
  Posted
Approximately 4weeks ago I injured my wrist. There were no fractures but my wrist was swollen an still very painful to use so the orthopedic dr. Orderd an mri. At my follow-up the mri showed that I have a tear in the tfc ligament. The do...
  Posted
A few months ago I tripped & fell at work, severely spraining my wrist. After an initial misdiagnosis, an MRI discovered a torn scapholunate ligiment, widening of the scapholunate joint space and narrowing of the radioscaphoid joint spac...
  Posted
Hi, I had a MRI a partial tear in my rotator cuff and a slap tear in my Labrum on my right shoulder. I also have a bone spur that could be causing impingment. It also said I have tendonosis of my bicep tendon. I was sent to physical ther...
  Posted
About 12 months ago i banged my lower leg just to the side of my shin bone on a solid wood shoe rack that had been left open it left a dent, swelling and bruising. the bruise is still there now 12 months on and recently mostly the last 3...
  Posted
2117429 tn?1334672357
Disc bulge at L4-5 contacting the L5 nerve root in the right lateral recess and effacing the fat plane between the exiting L4 nerve root in the neural foraminal/extraforaminal region.Careful clinical correlation regarding the exact level...
  Posted
Hello Dr, I am a healthy 34 y/o male who does 45 mins of cardio everyday on the Eliptical machine and another 45 mins of weight training. I do stretches for 2-3 mins before starting cardio. 2 days back while on the elliptical, my Left...
  Posted
I know I can't get a real answer without proper diagnosis and I am going to see a recommended Surgeon on Friday. He did my wife's carpal tunnel surgery, with success, so I am hopeful. I have been dealing with Right Wrist pain (righ...
  Posted
Dear Doctor, Unfortunately, I cannot see my treating doctor until next week, and I am already less than enthused with his performance to date. As such, I would greatly appreciate it if you could look over my case and provide some ins...
  Posted
Hi Just over a year ago I broke my left hand (playing cricket), about half way up the metacarpal on the little finger side. My little finger had twisted quite alot so I spent about 2 months going to the hospital weekly to have the finge...
  Posted
Afew weeks ago I noticed a hard bony lump on my right collar bone, shoulder end. It does not move at all and is noticeable to the eye, about the size of a chickpea but slightly more oval shape. It almost feels as though it is actually co...
  Posted
2108855 tn?1334109869
I fractured my left tibia and fibula in August 2009 due to a rollover car accident at age 19. I have undergone 10 different surgeries for skin grafts, rods, screws, you name it. I am still unable to hike, bike, or even go shopping withou...
  Posted
When I hit a baseball my left hand swells and hurts. My pain is totally manageable but it's in my dominant hand and I want to make sure it doesn't become a chronic issue, as it seems to be linked to an injury. I went over the handleba...
  Posted
i have a dent on my left temple & it has been there as far as i can remember but from last 4-5 yrs it has been paining constantly through out the day the pain keeps fluctuating but when i m angry or tense the pain gets unbearable. I hav...
  Posted
i was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis a couple of yrs back but after taking pain killers & resting & iceing for weeks the pain still stays. It really hurts if i stand for a long time or sit for a while & then start walking again Kindly...
  Posted
Hi was wondering if you could give me some advice, a broke my left fore arm and under went surgery to put plates in place 3 weeks and a got the cast off just over a week ago with a return appointment for 3 weeks from now, the questions a...
  Posted
Hi Dr. Gross. I damaged my forearm muscle using a curl machine in the weight room and now anytime I curl with weights (dumbell or barbell) I get pain in my right forearm. As well, I used a tricep machine with one hand and now anytime I d...
  Posted
i was wandering if there are orthopedic doctors who be willing to perform pro bono surgery that i need on my ankle.i was maybe teaching hospital might help me. i'm willing to try anything at this point. is there anymore options that mig...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now