Aa
A
A
Close

Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Forum

Questions in the Orthopedics & Sports Medicine forum are answered by Michael L. Gross, MD the CEO of Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.

101 - 120 (of 946) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I had surgery on March 3rd to attatch my patellar tendon back to my kneecap, I haven't seen a surgeon since the surgery and would like to know what I should be doing? Keep weight totally off for 2 weeks, keep it elevated, or weight bear ...
  Posted
Hello, I had a sprained ankle 8 months ago and even after 3 months of physical therapy I still feel some pain in certain movements. What you recommend? Thank you
  Posted
My Primary Dr. just called to tell me that my X-rays showed a Calcified Meniscus and that I need to go to my Ortho Surgeon for a consult. I am in constant pain walking, sitting, driving. I will be visiting my Orthopedic Surgeon tom...
  Posted
Any of you hand surgeons seen any patient with Chiari Malformation and Kienbock's disease in either hand.
  Posted
4 weeks ago i fell during a skating practice. Arm fully extended above my head. Urgent Care xrays didnt show anything (not the best view/quality) but was recommended i visit an Ortho doc to check rotator cuff and glenoid labrum. Ortho ...
  Posted
Hi Dr. Gross, My husband has had very bad pain in his wrist under the thumb side. Recently he has a hard lump like a round bone there. It is very painful. He delivers papers and throws them out of car window..about 300+ a day. He wear...
  Posted
My husband fell on his shoulder He has had previous surgery for a dislocated shoulder. the exray showed nothing but he is in extreme pain. Cannot move his arm at all Can there be that much pain from a strain
  Posted
Hi, Exacly 4 weeks ago I was in a car accident..my hand was on the steering wheel and bent back.. I just went for an MRI on 2/27.. Here is the impression... Tear of the ulnar collateral ligament off the base of the proximal phalanx. Th...
  Posted
my son fractured his scaphoid , got cast off last week, it was on for 7 wks, it has healed up well, according to xray and physcio well pleased with it, dct told him 2 leave it 2-3 wks b4 any footy, but he was likng to knw if he could pla...
  Posted
I am sorry if this is long but I think a little background is important. I am a 34 year old female and am a right leg amputee since I was 6 who has never been able to wear a prothesis. I have damaged my left knee from the stress of usin...
  Posted
For a long time my left elbow locks up and it hurts to straighten it . It makes a loud cracking noise too. And recently I have been having pain in my ring finger. It doesn't happen all the time. What would cause this? Thank You
  Posted
1308443 tn?1302696921
I'm a 17 year old girl and have had bilateral knee problems for 3.5 years and despite lots of doctors visits I still have no diagnosis. I have learned that I overpronate and I'm very flat footed. MRIs and blood work is normal. This weeke...
  Posted
Hi Dr. Gross, Yes I am seeing a Ortho MD in Albany next week who just deals with shoulder and arms. My arm has gotten so much worse since the tenotomy. The pain is upper bicep, anterior. My ROM is terrible and I have weakness in hand ...
  Posted
Is there precedence of having the manipulation of knee while having an active blood clot in the calf? I've got three doctors working with me - orthopedic doctor wants to get the manipulation done; however the hemotologist and vascular d...
  Posted
Hi Dr. Gross, Thanx for all the info you have told me. These are the results of my latest MRI. My bicep is still in severe pain so the tenotomy apparently didn't work. The Ortho says now I need a total shoulder which I don't want. I h...
  Posted
For as long as I can remember, my left knee has had a lump on one side, very bony and hard. It's not soft or movable at all and doesn't change size. For the longest time it felt like just part of my knee (like that bony part on the outer...
  Posted
About 8 days ago I noticed a lump on the top of my foot, right on top of one of the tendons that run from the ankle to the toes. The lump was pretty hard, but had a slight amount of give to it (when pressed). It was also slightly movab...
  Posted
Hi Dr. Gross, I had a total knee replacement 1 year ago for severe arthritis. The pain is still there and I can't walk right, also my knee cap keeps going out and I fall or almost fall. My Ortho gave me a brace to wear and PT to go to...
  Posted
Hello, today I woke up at night, severe pain and tingling in my right elbow, it was unbearable and I felt like leaping nerve at the elbow and every movement was very painful elbow. In recent days I am suffered no injury elbow, so it coul...
  Posted
I was involved in accident 3 years ago at the age of 25 and have been suffering whiplash symptons. My legal consultant advised i go for an mri to rule out any underlying causes. When I saw the NHS doctor intially about my MRI he said...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now