Osteoporosis Community
About This Community:

Osteoporosis is a condition of low bone density that can progress silently over a long period of time leading to an increased risk of fracturing of bones. Discuss topics including osteopenia, the effects of menopause, low density prevention, symptoms, treatments, and how to deal with fractures.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
By raj5
I am a 36 year old male. I had Vitamin D deficiency 6 months ago - the D levels had come back after supplements. Howe...
By merrymarietta
When is it a good idea to take Calcitonin if you are diagnosed with osteoporosis? What are the side effects and risks...
JD1963Apr 12
By MissPriss20 Blank
Hello, I am 20 years old and will mostly have to start treatment, Which treatment has been most successful in your gu...
By kick12345
im 21 years male my entire left side of my body is sinking day by day from face to foot what can i do know?
By luckyman316
I'll try to keep this short, and hope this is the correct place to post. I've recently been diagnosed with Hepatitis ...
By lalatessy
HAVE PROLIA AFFECTED YOUR LIFE?
By fntn
I'm new to this group but active in a couple others. I have a lower leg plate with 8 big screws that was inserted due...
By AspiringCarbon
It's been 6 months since I had a run-in with a revolving door. The result was bilateral sacral fractures and a commin...
By olsitare
hi there! I would like to know how many days should I take off after the 28th day of using FORTEO before using the n...
By BouncingBella Blank
On a daily basis I take Vit. K-2 with calcium, mag and D3 supplement. Does anyone know if the K-2 which is ferment...
By hsum4 Blank
After reading these posts I feel scared taking any bone medication. There were few references to Prolia for Osteopor...
8403983_tn?1397965848
By KarolR Blank
Hello, i don't speak natively english. In order for my mother to get money from the state she has to have worse than...
hsum4Apr 19
luba28Feb 16, 2010
tereshuniaDec 04, 2009
Serenity505Jan 18, 2009
Twilight_PrincessSep 22, 2008
By bluecells Blank
Hi I have a 55 years old mother and she has Osteoporosis. she is taking Calcium tablets daily. and doctor prescrib...
hsum4Apr 19
gibsongalNov 11, 2012
S. Kaul, MD Sep 22, 2012
By Ruthiejb Blank
My Mother was on Fosamax for 15 years. Even though her bone density tests were normal, her doctor told her to stay o...
3112530_tn?1342559764
hsum4Apr 19
TheMadManJun 28, 2013
NT77Jun 27, 2013
TheMadManJun 07, 2013
By TheMadMan Blank
How long before you know results if this medication is working? What is the procedure to find out that this medicatio...
dolphins4lifeDec 31, 2013
By dolphins4life Blank
About 4 months ago I had mild pain in both my thighs. I originally thought it was from the gym. However, after a mont...
By merrymarietta Blank
I had open reduction and internal fixation surgery in Dec .for an incomplete subcapital fracture. For the last 6 week...
Margot49Jul 14, 2013
adelle55Jun 12, 2013
TheMadManJun 12, 2013
By adelle55 Blank
I took Boniva Last Thursday morning, Monday morning, I woke up with severe muscle pain from my neck down to my lower ...
By Chypre Blank
Went to the doctor the other day and had my height measured for the first time since high school, more than 40 years ...
By merrymarietta Blank
What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking Prolia or Forteo. Also, what are possible side effects? I recent...
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Osteoporosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank