Ostomy Community
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Sort by:
Last Post
Date Started
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
By Fliggle_flaggle
I have a illiostomy and I have normal rectal discharge but whenever I push while having rectal discharge blood comes...
By Sunnybird
I have an ileostomy and was wondering if there is any benefit for me to take probiotics?
PiweeMay 07
AnnM1103May 04
JPR119Nov 14, 2015
jewelzhelpNov 08, 2015
TorcopDec 10, 2014
By zariel09 Blank
I had my operation around 9 months ago and have had around 4 barium enemas to see if I had healed enough for a revers...
By HopefulHanna
I am to have surgery for colon/rectal cancer in a few weeks. The surgeon is to remove 12 inches of my colon/rectum a...
By soloman69
I just had an episode where I was cleaning - sometimes I squeeze a bit to make sure nothing voids while I'm trying to...
1145654 tn?1261423811
NansingleMar 03
del4221Jan 05, 2010
By mothrofthree Blank
I has emergency surgery two weeks ago and had all of my colon and bowel removed. Non reversible. Can anyone who has h...
By AndLea
Hi ladies, has anyone with an ileostomy had a total abdominal hysterectomy please? Very anxious!!
By calvinvaldez
Does anybody know what are the two buttons near the peg tube? The peg tube was inserted last january 10, 2016 and one...
By nico_07
My son is 8 1/2, he has had an ileostomy for 2 years now and we've had issues off an on. Usually his stoma is almost...
By coincatcher Blank
Will having sex with a stoma cause a hernia Are there any positions that must be avoided
By loukygal Blank
I have had an ileostomy for over 30 years. Over the past several months, I have been having a lot of pain in my lowe...
By hthr_25 Blank
My boyfriend is considering a colostomy bag for himself. He only has 1 arm that can be used and that his grip isn't v...
ScalpMassagerOct 02, 2015
By loipham Blank
Hello, I just had surgery on 9/4/15 and was discharged on 9/14/15. After two weeks of being discharged from the hosp...
By RansiPlick Blank
Should we buy a Stoma Bag or make one at home? I have watched a video in which it is taught to make Ostomy Belt and O...
RansiPlickSep 18, 2015
MegadodgerBlankAug 20, 2015
By devere1950 Blank
I just got an ostomy bag in may. I cant get staight answers on some of my questions. How ofton should I change my bag...
ipurr2Aug 30, 2015
MegadodgerBlankApr 18, 2015
N_Johnny30Apr 15, 2015
By eilita Blank
Hi , I am on the list for colostomy surgery due to what the doctors are saying is obstructed defecation. I empty my b...
shelley5678Aug 11, 2015
MegadodgerBlankNov 17, 2013
By TinaWCNACMT Blank
Looking for people willing to tell their stories about how/when/why they have their permanent ostomys. Please leave a...
By Tkups Blank
My mom had surgery last August and since she had the surgery she has had issues off and on with the he bag staying on...
charmpattJul 20, 2015
charmpattJul 20, 2015
By cm7233 Blank
I am a twin sister to my 18 year old brother Ben. Recently, Ben had an ileostomy and now has a stoma on the lower lef...
By LisnLac Blank
My mom has a colostomy and she's having a lot of trouble with soft bowels. When they are like that, it pushes up the ...
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources