Aa
A
A
Close
Ostomy Community
This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.
21 - 40 (of 337) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have white not crystalline deposits on the edge of my iliostomy stoma. Very tender. vinegar and water does nothing. I have enlarged ...
What is the indication of a dark/grey skin around the stoma, or after you have had a fungal infection ??
2 answers |
My husband had an ilestomy over a year ago. To empty pouch he stoops over toilet. Since he is 81, this is difficult. I In a brochure i...
1 answer |
612876 tn?1355518095
Hey everyone, one of your co-CLs here. I just wanted to post a message and let everyone in our community know that I've had to take a bri...
I am a paraplegic with an ileostomy. I use a wafer and detachable bag system. I want to do a 12 hour plane flight. It is not possible for...
3 answers |
My dad has had his bag for about 2 years now and he seems to have constant problems with it leaking. He is very embarrassed by it and get...
6 answers |
Do adhesive removers, and deodorant sprays need a CE mark to be used in europe ??
My husband has an ileostomy bag and the sticky paste he uses to hold his bag on is causes some issues so i was wondering if there is any...
3 answers |
Temporary sigmoid colostomy Oct 31,2014 Continue to have bowel movements from rectum mostly mucus but with bright red blood(small amoun...
1 answer |
11524646 tn?1419011651
I currently have a J pouch and went through a total colectomy. I am creating a team of people interested in building a platform that wil...
2 answers |
I HAVE BEEN HAVING APROBLEM WITH BLOOD FROM MY STOMA IT HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES NOW ABOUT ONCE A MONTH, AND ITS QUITE A BIT WITH CLOTS EVEN,...
3 answers |
463897 tn?1448485050
Please welcome Heiferly as your new Co-CL for the Ostomy community! Heiferly will be working alongside Megadodger and the rest of your c...
4 answers |
Hi. I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has had the above surgery? I had emergency full colectomy in December from sever...
3 answers |
I am hoping to be able to get a colostomy bag as lactose intolerance and IBS has majorly taken over my life the past nearly two years and...
1 answer |
hello everyone, my husband has a colostomy. he cannot eat peelings, like on potatoes, apples...but i was wondering if he could eat green ...
4 answers |
How do you treat irritated stoma skin - to the point of small amount of blood & stoma appliances not sticking? My husband had his colost...
7 answers |
10326076 tn?1409321098
I work for a colorectal surgeon in south texas and I need to locate a STOMA NURSE immediatly due to the nurse that helped us before with ...
1 answer |
I have a patient with a recessed stoma and haven't been able to get a wafer to stay longer than 12-13 hours. We have tried, Stoma paste,...
6 answers |
It hurts somewhat and the waste is real dark and a little runny. This just started today.
1 answer |
612876 tn?1355518095
I know most of our community members have their stomas in the lower GI tract, but MedHelp is seeking to open the ostomy group up for pati...
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank