Aa
A
A
Close

Ostomy Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

41 - 60 (of 336) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
Have a rash under my waffer and really burns and itches when i remove waffer. What can i put on rash? Also new waffer i am using seems to not want to come off altho the outer ring does ? thanks if anyone can help
  Posted
I had a restorative protocolectomy with illeal J pouch and anastomosis in October 2013. The reversal of the Ileostomy was done in February, 2014. Recently I developed terrible rectal burning when doing moderate physical activity altho...
  Posted
Dear Sirs/ Madams I am a student of nursing at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków (Poland). At present I am in the process of writing a master thesis. I am going to describe quality of life in patient with stoma in Poland and Uni...
  Posted
I have had a colostomy for almost 11 years and never any problems until recently.i am thinking it is a sweat rash under the wafer area.i spend a lot of time outside working.my wafer is losing its adhesion after about 2 to 3 days.i am try...
  Posted
Has anyone experienced this and if so I would like to hear about your experience and thoughts. Thank you :)
  Posted
i had fap many years ago,my daughter has the gene she had endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday with it resulting with her having lots n lots of polyps on bowel and stomach we have to go see doc in few weeks any ideaa what her options will...
  Posted
For weeks now the discharge from my stoma has been incredibly mucusy, thicker than usual when it's not only liquid!! The mucus stuff seems to harden inside and large fairly solid clogs form which causes the stoma to prolapse more than no...
  Posted
Hi not sure if I'm at the right place, I've been looking everywhere for a forum that Can assist me during this difficult time.... My 4 yr old got an ace done a few months ago and it's a nightmare when many say its support to make life ea...
  Posted
I am very happy with the moldable convex wafer from surfit,but I don't have insurance and the price is ridiculous. I see Hollister's prices are decent. Does anyone have any input on the Hollister products?
  Posted
1974283 tn?1425612724
Hey fellow OSTMATES! Yeah, you can call me one of those "people". I'm finding there are a lot of older questions within this forum with some great answers. If you have asked a question and didn't receive an answer I would love to hel...
  Posted
I am quadripleghic and I recently had a urinary infection and was put on antibiotics for two weeks. I had a lot of mucus around stoma site. Must of the mucus has gonenow but I still have a little left everytime I change it. Is it common...
  Posted
463897 tn?1448485050
Please join us in welcoming Megadodger as your new Community Leader! We look forward to working with Megadodger and your entire community as it continues to grow! Best, Cheryl MH Community Mgr
  Posted
7663354 tn?1393174033
Hello Folks I had an emergency Colostomy on the 5th of November 2013 because of a twisted Sigmoid. It is now February 23 and I am STILL regularly passing stool from my Anus! I did mention this to my surgeon but he didn't seem ...
  Posted
I've developed a very hurtful bleeding rash around my stoma. My gastroenterologist rudely said "find an ostomy nurse" without even a hint how to do so. Because of constant discharge it is impossible to keep rash clean. Any advice? Adv...
  Posted
I recently had my colostomy moved to a permanent location. It seems that my colostomy is too close to the incision from my surgery. There is a recess of about a half an inch where the edge of the wafer would stick but it is difficult to ...
  Posted
Hi. I had an emergency ileostomy in Nov 2013 which was all very unexpected. I went in last week to have it reversed. The surgeon decided the best healing route for the wound would be to leave it open. The District Nurse comes daily to re...
  Posted
hi i had my surgery done in oct 2013 , i have ileostomy now . i am having leaks really close to stoma , sometimes there is no leak but it is still burning really close to my stoma . i am using paste and coloplast ring on one side. its on...
  Posted
Do I have to have doctor's prescription for any, some or all my osteomyelitis supplies? Except of course stuff like adhesive remover.
  Posted
1974283 tn?1425612724
I had surgery Sept 25, 2013 to remove my colon, connect my rectum go my small intestine, and give my a temporary ileostomy. My question is, my nurse told me to wait 6 weeks to have sex. It's been beyond that and it hurts.. A lot. Is ...
  Posted
244602 tn?1215979228
I am having very frequent episodes of diverticulitis. I need both to find a surgeon to treat it surgically, and find a surgeon who is in my health plan/ health plan that includes the surgeon - by mid November. I have been on what pa...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...