Aa
A
A
Close

Ostomy Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ostomy, colostomy, diet and nutrition, gastrostomy ileostomy, jejunostomy, ostomy reversal, sex and relationships, stoma, urostomy, and wound care.

81 - 100 (of 332) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have been diagnosed with familial adenomatous polyposis (F.A.P.) and have been schedule to have surgery on January 31, 2013 but the surgery calls for me to have wear a colostomy bag for 3 months. By doing Please Provide More Detail Abo...
Kesha_31 | Last answer
After 30 years with an ISP ostomy I have had about 3 leaks. Last week in the night when I was at a friend,s house sleeping I had a full blowout.Now I have lost all my confidence when travelling. I use Convatec Sure Fit Natura and have ...
Bocking | Last answer
A lady been colostomy 16 years ago.her rectum and anus were removed because of colon cancer.she never used colostomy bags. She is healthy now but is fed up with pain and slight bleeding in the colostomy area so she desires to have a reve...
abbas110 | Last answer
I have a patient who has a fairly new ileostomy stoma is retracted and leaks from 6-9 oclock; his skin is extremetly denuded. what exactly is domboro solutioin, how often do use use it? any suggestions
tarynbennett | Last answer
I can not wear jeans or anything tight around my waist area because I feel my stoma protrudes to far out. Has anyone had and or has this same problem? And how did you rectify it? I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have. I...
charliey123 | Last answer
I am an attractive middle-aged woman. I have had the ileostomy for a year. I am wondering if it is possible for a woman with an ileostomy to find love or marriage again? Seems like this thing would be a barrier to a new serious relatio...
donna107222 | Last answer
I have to use paste on my ileostomy at 6 and 9 o'clock. I hate taking this stuff off. Is there anything better out there than remover wipes to take it off? Anything easier, more effective or quicker? Also, is there any alternativ...
My surgeon says I cannot have an ileostomy reversal because of my history with leaking and complications. I understand this. I have read that the U.S. is behind some other countries with procedures to stop leaks. I am wondering if an...
I am looking to get a 2nd opinion of my colon and rectal, what kind of a dr. should I go to.?
chris264 | Last answer
Hi there all, i have had my whole large intestine removed and have had bag for past year while having treatment my question is , has anyone had a reversal done that has had there large intestine removed i am nervous to get it reveresed ...
northengirl644 | Last answer
Is it normal for there to be bleeding into the colostomy bag? I have a close friend who has been to the ER three times within four weeks because of bleeding. The doctors cannot say why it happens. What do you suggest we do to find out ...
Anneng03 | Last answer
I cannot wear jeans or anything tight around my waist. If I try I bleed and the stoma and stomach area get extremely sore for days. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so how did you rectify it?
charliey123 | Posted
401095_tn?1351395370
If u add powder, u need to blot it with a damp cloth then wave a few times over the area so the wafer will stick/crust it...powder is not a Must and if there is no rash or redness, it is best to eliminate it. Stomas and surrounding skin...
worried878 | Posted
for 17 yrs my mother took care of her colostomy, but now she has developed dementia and can no longer care for herself. she uses a 2 piece colostomy, with a wafer and a bag, and has always used stomahesive powder, but everytime i change ...
dayoffmy | Last answer
401095_tn?1351395370
If you find this forum and want to send me a message, click on my name in blue, worried 878, and it will give u an option to send me a message. You can also email me at ***@****. I am happy to help in any way I can Laura
worried878 | Last answer
401095_tn?1351395370
Just browsing ...I am a nurse in this area and if anyone needed help with their ostomy appliance or questions, i would be glad to help...I am an enterstomal therapist
worried878 | Last answer
Have had ileostomy for over 30 years and live at sea level. Whenever I travel to see family who live at 8400 ft. I have a ballooning issue with my appliance. I use a Convetec product that has a vent/filter but it doesn't seem to work. Ha...
1stsister | Last answer
I was wondering if you could assist me or lead me to someone who can? I'm searching for a case in which to carry my ostomy supplies. The one I have now is pretty old and will need to be replaced. Unfortunately, the only ID that's on i...
stannesfan | Last answer
i wear a ostomy bag for ayear now and lately the smell that comes from my pouch is awful i am embrass when i am in public sometimes the pouch would make loud noises and then here comes the smell i take a lots of meds iron pills and hib...
mrsevans44 | Last answer
Taking care of urostomy site. Person just start using zinc oxide to site. There is a line green ring around the base of the stoma. No foul odor is coming from site.
sherenda | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ostomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...