Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

US results

I had an US Friday, 12/30/05.  It showed a bilateral ovarian cyst with free floating fluid outside of it.  There is a strong history of cancer in my family.  This is what the nurse told me over the phone.  Follow up appt not for 2 more weeks.  Any insite on what this means.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Oh yeah I am 21 and 6 mo post pardum.  Thanks
Helpful - 0
Hi Mel, I would call and ask for the Doctor to call me back TODAY for an explanation of what it means. It angers me that sometimes medical people leave partial information with patients and the patients worry over sometimes nothing. Stand your ground girl, ask for answers. They owe it to you, be persistant. Bilateral means both sides of body, IMHO typically that is a good sign because it would mean more normal information. Usually if there is something wrong it wouldnt be on both sides of the body. Congratulations on your baby, keep us posted. We are here for you.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the info.  Getting info from this place is like pulling teeth.  They assured me nothing at all was wrong, then I persisted until they did the ultrasound.  I guess all the pain isn't just weak muscles like the dr tried to blame it on.  But yeah I will keep calling.  Thanks again
Helpful - 0
It sounds like it may be trying to rupture or has a small leak in whick the fluid from the cyst is coming from it.  Small cysts rupture each month and we do not even know it.
Helpful - 0
thanks for the info.  I just spoke back to the nurse.  Here is all she could tell me until my appt.  Right ovary measures
2.8x1.9x2.3 (I think)   sm  cyst measures 2.3x2.1x2.0
left side was a little different .  there is a hypoechoic lession and the area measues 2.0x1.9x1.2 with a small amount of free fluid around ovary.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.