Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

blotted stomach

HI at the preasant my wife is in cheltnam hospital for the second time in 2 mothhs.  Her stomach is swollen again with fluid. and she keeps getting lower back pain. we seem to be in the dark about the hole affair.  could you please enlighten us please. thanks tony
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Stomach bloating is often a sign of ovarian cancer. It seems to be really tough to get doctors to consider that as a diagnosis. It could be other things, too. Everyone should keep trying until she gets a diagnosis that she thinks is right. If it means going from doc to doc, so be it.
Helpful - 0
634567 tn?1222655959
My stomach bloats up to where i look 8 to 9 mth pregnant I hurt alot have trouble breathing couldnt keep anything down been to doctors and been told I have IBS, liver problems ( to where there is fluid in my abdomial cavity) told that i have a thicking of the bowel wall, been given alot of pills by many docotrs. Got sick of it had CT scan  and colonoscopy ruled out alot of things. But still didnt feel right new something is wrong with me so tried another doctor and he said that i could have ovarian cancer so he order a CA-125(still waitng on those results) I know it is frustrating not knowing what is wrong, but keep going to doctors and make them listen.
Helpful - 0
hi my mom's stomch blots really bad it looks as she is pregnant, but shes not the doc coulnt find anything wrong with her... but it goes up and down most of the time when she eats she vomits any idea what this could be
Helpful - 0
Does she have an ovarian cancer diagnosis?  It sounds ascites(fluid accumulation) or possible bowel obstruction.  What is her history?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.