Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Seeing oncologist...

Hello ladies.... I took all of your advice and called my gyn.  He did not hesitate to refer me to the gyn/oncologist.  My appointment is next Friday and I cancelled the surgery for 1/25 so we could get the 2nd opioniopn from oncologist.  I honestly can say I would NOT have done this if I hadn't gotten all of your advice.  Also my doc told me the size of tumor 2.0x1.5x1.4cm.  Sound relatively small to the ones describded on this sight.  Also found out that this has been there since last Feb when I had an MRI done with a different doctor.  Was about the same size.  Does not growing in size mean anything?  Thanks again for all your support!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks a ton...you (and all the other gals!) have given my husband and myself some great advice on how to handel this situation and some calmness in the black hole I feel we are in.  We are planning to be incredibly positive about this whole thing and keep our chin up!  (My husband's grandmother always used to say "The Lord only gives you what you can handle!"  We'll see about that!  :)  lol!  It will be interesting to see what the onc. says...  Have a great weekend too!  Busy
Helpful - 0
Glad you were able to cancel your surgery and see a gyn/onc.  It's always better to be safe than sorry.  Don't get yourself too worked up, and don't worry about it now.  Let us know how your app. turns out.
Have a good weekend!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.