Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Clotty Bleeding...

I was put on Depot Lupron (hormonal chemical theropy) to treat endometriosis 3 years ago.  Then 1 year of Depo Prevara.  I got off these meds to regular birth control, and have been on that for about 2 years now.  Since being on the regular bc, I have been experiencing clotty periods.  Not just clots in the blood, my ENTIRE period is clots.  Some are larger than a quarter in size and range in color from pale pink to almost brownish.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I have been tested for anemia and other blood disorders, everything clear.  I have history of hormone sensative cancer in the family, should I be worried?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have already told my gyn that I will not take bcps.  I am still on y period now 10days now.  The last few months have been too screwy. Good luck!!
Helpful - 0
I my bleeding is for about 7 days as well and sometimes it even likes to start earlier than it's supposed to.  I just don't understand.  My doctor told me it would take 6 months to a year for my body to normalize, but it's been 2 years.  I never had problems with bc before the lupron.  If it effected my body that badly, why do they even prescribe it?  Every year I get sicker too.  Something isn't right.  I'm going back to my gyno on Thursday and I'm going to push for more tests.  I'm only 26 so they will only do certain ones that are "age appropriate".
Helpful - 0
I too cannot take bc.  I had 31 days of clotty bleeding instead of just a period.  Although, my periods consist of clotty bleeding for what was 4 days and has now stretched itself to 7 days.  The doctor will probably tell you to see what happens after 3 cycles of pills.  That was the case for me.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.