Aa
A
A
A
Close
108861 tn?1227246048

CIP, What's up Lady?

Hi CIP,
      Wonder what has commensed since the beginning of your long journey?  I know you got the second Opinion etc but want to know what you have thought of all this?  Mary V.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
cip
Thanks so much for your support and caring. I'm glad you are healing up well-it sounds like you are back in the swing of things. I appreciate your knowledge and the info you've given me -to be honest, I haven't had a gynocologist for years, just go to my GP for annual physicals. So, even though I've had some problems with heavy bleeding, fibroids, etc. all of this stuff has been new to me. It so helps to have someone with some knowledge and background to offer suggestions and/or support. You sound like you might work in a medical or allied medical field?  Anyway, I am so glad to have found this forum and people like you to talk with - it has been a relief!
Helpful - 0
cip
Thanks for asking, Raven Lady.I went to a university gynocologist recommended by a business partner of my husband. He had accessed my records written by my second oncology opinion. Evidently he was also friends with this well known onologist, and then asked about me "off the record". This guy said that he wasn't really concerned with OC for me, but had agreed with the prior TAH recommendation because I had some other problems (fibroids, bleeding etc).Both my former gyn and the surgeon he referred me to told me a smaller (lap)etc wasn't ok for me because itmight spreadcancer,etc Anyway, this man did an ultrasound right in his office. My complex cyst was dissolved! My ovaries looked fine. He did an endometrial biopsy, just in case, but I am fairly sure this will come back fine. According to him, I can go without any surgery, unless I want surgery. Which I don't. My CA 125 was back to normal several weeks ago. No one can really explain this phoenomenon, it going up,then down. I am so relieved. I did not want a surgery. I will follow up with this man in 3 months. He is going to send his report to my GP and former gyn. How is everything with you?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.