Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Complex Ovarian Cyst

I have been having numberous problems lately with my periods coming every 2 weeks and severe pain in my lower abdomin and back. I went to the Dr and found with a sonogram that I have a 4.2cm complex cyst on my left ovary. They were unable to locate my right ovary that had been tacked up 3 yrs ago after falling due to scar tissue from cysts. I have been extremely tender even during a pelvic exam. I was bleeding quite heavily and my dr put me on orthoevra to stop the bleeding. I have really been concerned b/c I just don't feel right. I am incredibly bloated and miserable. I have an uncomfortable feeling in my right side I am guessing to be my kidney. I vomit several times a day and my head feels weird. I have stabing pains that the only way I know how to describe are to say that I feel someone is scraping out my insides. I go back to the dr tomorrow but I am frightened. He concentrated first on stopping the bleeding and said that when I come back on Monday, we would discuss were to go from there. Am I overreacting by being so frightened by this? Oh yeah, upon a CT scan, something was mentioned about the cyst and said quote "involving the right kidney". I wish I understood all this medical terminology they have listed.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am new to this site and was just reviewing alot of the questions and ran across you. What your gyn said sounds very much like what I was told by my 1st gyn.I have some of the symptoms you have described. I wasn't impressed with him and as a matter of fact we got off to a very bad start. Every time I would try to explain to him what was going on with me he would interupt me. After the 5th interuption I threw my hands in the air and asked if he would like to hear what I had to say or if he wanted to go ahead on to his next patient since he obviously didn't have time for me. This is very unlike me. (I'm sure it was the pain talking)I knew after my second visit to the ER and what the ER doc said about being concerned and seeking a new gyn that it was best that I do seek a second opinion. The 1st gyn wanted me to wait for another visit with him in 3 weeks even though I was bleeding terribly and doubled over with pain. My husband had to support me to even walk. In that doc's opinion it was a hemorohagic (?) cyst that would eventually "bleed out".??? Not sure what the meant. My 2nd gyn took immediate action which I am very thankful for. Please let me know how your appt goes on the 23rd!! Your in my prayers... as is everyone!!
Helpful - 0
It was rather confusing to me what this meant. My cyst is on my LEFT ovary but it said it "involved my RIGHT kidney". I just happened to view my ct scan report after requesting it from the hospital for my dr appt with my 1st gyn. That dr. dismissed everything and said that it was not anything to be concerned with. Well that night I ended up back in the ER trying to get some relief from excruciating pain. That dr. told me that "off the record" I needed to see someone else. After another sonogram we found that the cyst, in a matter of 3 days had gone from 3.2 to 4.2cm. He said that a complex cyst should have raised some concern for any dr. He had my records at a new gyn the next morning and I was in the dr office at 9:00 am. I was so overwhelmed with the quickness of everything and the severe pain I was in that I just basically went along for the exam...my husband handled everything and told me about it later. LOL. So I still have alot of questions I want answered. The 2nd gyn did not have the results of my ct scan. I later had them sent from the 1st. The 1st gyn office called Thursday and said that all my blood work was normal. At that time I requested they send everything to him so hopefully he will have it all in the morning. I keep running all of this thru my mind and the closer Monday gets the more nervous I get.
Helpful - 0
"cyst involving the right kidney", Did they only mention 1 cyst regarding the kidney?  I only ask because I have polycystic kidney disease and due to my kidney disease I have lower back pain, fatigue, bloated stomach & many other problems 24/7 and due to all of this my kidney doctor ignored me when I told him 10 months ago that I did not feel right & somethings wrong, I had gained 25-30lbs. He actually had the nerve to tell me "well you are over 40 now & you shouldn't be taking pain medication" and than he basically sent me on my way. After that I had 3 episodes of extreme pain that lasted over a week each time, so bad that I could barely move because the pain was so bad, the first time I had a fever/chills/shakes/nauseas. About 6 months after that I found out that I had a cyst on each ovary, the left one was gone at my last sono but the larger one on the right was still there with no changes. I'm nauseas all of the time and have pain on both sides that shoots down my legs and my first gyno said I needed surgery but he wouldn't do it because he considers me high risk. That was in October and I still haven't found a doctor, I'm really scared that its gone on too long. Sorry for rambling, I started out just to ask about your kidneys. Let us know what the doctor says about them. Good luck :)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.