Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Complex Ovarian Cyst concerns

I have just gotten results of a TV U/S and I am a little concerned.  I have a 5x4x4 cm septated mass in right adnexal area.  I have had a complete hysterectomy, including both ovaries in 2003.  But a year ago, in Jan 2004, I had a laparotomy to remove a mass in left adnexal area where they found part of the ovary that had been left behind due to scar tissue and adhesions, along with a benign hemmoraghic cyst.  (I have tons of adhesions due to seven previous abdominal surgeries...3 C-sections, lysis of adhesions, hysterectomy, appendectomy and sm. bowel resection)
The thing is, three months ago, I had a CT scan for severe lower right quadrant pain, and they found this cyst on my right ovary (and I am not supposed to have any ovaries).  It was smaller then, only about 2x2 cm and I thought I would just wait and see if it went away.  Well, it hasn't.  It has gotten larger and now is septated with debris.  I am in excruciating pain most of the time, whether its due to the mass or the adhesions or both I don't know.  I saw my regular Gyn who referred me to a Gyn/Oncologist.  I go for my appt tomorrow.  Does this sound like anything I need to worry about or have removed?  Oh, I have other symptoms, very vague, like bloating, unexplained weight gain (20 lbs in 3 mths), tender breasts.  I would appreciate any opinion on this as you all seem so knowledgeable and kind.  Thanks.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hugs & Prayers to you:):):)
When your well enough let me know how you are, I pray that all goes well.
Helpful - 0
Hi my name is lacey buster and i have had help problems with my overyies since i was about 14 years of age, and now i am 22 years of age and i went to the doctor the other day and i got some news that i am really confused about, i live in ky that is kentucky, and like i said i have a good many health problems for my age, well december 30, 2005 i went to the emergency room for a great deal of pain in my lower stomach and of course as always i got the results that i had a cyst rupture, well a few weeks later i went back to get a medical report and on my report i was confused the most about maybe someone can help me,?
The report reads: There is a bilobed low attenuation in the right pelvis measuring 3.2cm and 4.1cm, this is likely adnexal in origin and of undermined significance. This is quite large for a typical ovarian cyst of physiologic nature and is persistence since the prior study of 04/08/05 warrants further evaluation with ultrasound to evaluate fo9r cystic ovarian neoplasm!!!!! end of report, what is cystic ovarian neoplasm?
Another part of the report reads: A cystic mass-like abnormality in the right adnexal region persists and ultrasound examination is recommended to evaluate for neoplasm. Again can someone please tell me what neoplasm is? and also the doctor found a pleural-based nodule in my right lober lung 5mm big. I am not as worried about the lung as i am the ovarian part. Someone please help me understand. my email address is
***@**** please help!!

Thanks Lacey Buster
Helpful - 0
bluesgrlIN,

It is nice to talk to someone that understands, my husband & two sons are so sweet and spoil me rotten but they certainly don't understand womens problems. And I'm the type of person that doesn't complain, I keep everything to myself and I push myself to keep going no matter how I feel.  Take care.  :)
Helpful - 0
Hi,
So sorry that you are going through all of this. It must seem like its never ending with all of the surgeries that you have had. I don't know about you but I know that I want to go outside and scream sometimes.. I don't have any answers for you but I just wanted to send hugs & warm wishes...:)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.