Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sueg to Barney 22

Hi Barney.I've been thinking about you today.Have you had your results? Sue.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for thinking of me, I do appreciate it.  Yes, I saw both the consultant surgeon and oncologist today.  The CT scan showed up very small traces of cancer on my bowel surface, but nothing substantial, but with the raised CA125 and my feeling unwell they are proposing chemo in 2 weeks time - have to have another renal function test beforehand.  They suggested I have the taxol/carbo combination again as it worked so well last time on me and has the highest response rate, although acknowledging the more toxic effect if I could stand it.  My remission lasted just over 6 months and according to the NICE guidelines patients are recommended to have this or the CAelyx.  It was explained to me that if my cancer doesn't respond this time there would then be the option of Caelyx after. I've decided to go for it tho' I'm certainly not looking forward to it.  I'm relieved the scan didn't show up anything more immediately threatening but have had a few spells of feeling pretty awful so hope things aren't moving faster.  Never satisfied are we!?  I go the University College Hospital in London - it was very very crowded and hot today, but reading some of the posts from American women it does make you appreciate our free service although we routinely complain about it.

How are you doing with your chemo now?  I realised you had also the problem of diabetes from another post - that's quite a burden for you - both to deal with.  I've been following the discussion on Cellular Zeolite having come across it in the past.  I suspect it fits into the category of 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ..' but you never know!  
Hope you are doing OK and can have the extra surgery soon.  I had to have a 2nd op to remove stuff they couldn't get first time and it worked well for me - hope it does for you.  Name is Jenny by the way!
Helpful - 0
Well, its sort of good news!?! I'm glad you can have the carboplatin/taxol again-I wanted that,but it was out of the question for me,I'd only been in  remission for three months.
I'm doing fine on the caelyx so far.No sickness at all-just a bit queasy the first few days.I haven't had the hand/foot syndrome yet,I just keep my hands and feet as cold as possible,thats supposed to keep the drug away from those blood vessels.I had really bad fatigue-just stayed in bed for three days-I felt like all the blood had drained out of me-but hubby just took over and looked after everything for me-bless him.Compared to the carbo/taxol its a walk in the park-thats what makes me think-maybe it's not working.I see my oncologist Thursday-got a pile of questions for her.My diabetes is just a way of life after all these years-no big deal.
I found my recurrence a bigger shock than my original diagnosis-I thought the tears were never going to end-I think it must be a stage you go through-I'm ready for the fight now and somewhere,someplace there's a little boffin,just waiting to bring us all a cure.Keep your chin up! Sue.x
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.