Aa
A
A
A
Close

I am so scared...

Hi,

I am 40 years old.

On 12/3 I started having really bad upper abdominal pain-like an ulcer, with about a week of nausea, and yellow stools.
This lasted on and off for 2 weeks. GI put me on all types of medicine, and I had an endoscopy done which showed very mild gastritis.

The nausea went away, but the bloated particulary after I eat continued. All stools, bloods, exams were normal.

This lasted until January 1st. Then I had about 10 days of nothing, absolutely normal.Stools returned to normal, eating was fine, not even a hint of bloating or that "yuck" feeling.

Then the bloating and just "yuck" stomach ache started again, but only lasted for 2 days.

I had a full gyn exam after having a miscarriage in August, then my regular gyn exam 2 weeks ago-both times with rectal/vaginal exam.Both times neither MD felt anything suspicious.

I also had a CA 125 and a vaginal US due to bad mid-cycle pain and they saw a hemoraggic cyst.No follow-up was needed.

I went for my regular check-up today and the MD drew blood and added a CA125 and I have an US scheduled for 1/2 after I told him that the sypmtoms went away, then came back, then went away.

I am so freaked out now....I can hardly stand it.

DO you think I have OVCA?

I know you can't tell me for sure, but what does anyone think, and what other things would I be experiencing?

I can't tell you how scared I am...

I have  little children, and I can hardly concentrate tonight.

I just don't know where else to turn for help.

Thanks in advance,

J
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I will check out her post, thank you...

And yes, they are checking the gall bladder next Thursday as well...

WHen they did the US in 200, all they saw was a hemorragic cyst consistent with mid cycle, no futher evaluation was necessary.
They didn't see anything else.

This is making me crazy!!!

Thanks for all you inout and support...it helps to talk to someone and hear what they think.

J

Helpful - 0
Raven Lady,

Thank you for your insight...

You have a great memory, I did come here with worry about mid-cycle pain, but that was in December when all this nausea/bloating/GI stuff started.
It actually began 12/3 when I was nauseas mid-cycle, and I thought it was just because I was ovulating.

Of course, it continued after I was done ovulating, and so it began to be treated as - virus, GI issue, ulcer, etc...

Went away, and now has come back, not nearly as bad as when it started, but a pain anyway.

I have lived feeling crappy for  5 weeks- on and off bloating, tummy problems, etc... and I know it pales in comparison to some people who have lived a much longer time with more serious issues, but it's still boggin me down, you know?

I just want to feel better and not worry....

Thanks again for your kind words...

J
Helpful - 0
Oh thank you for responding... I know that worrying won't help, and I am having a cup of Chamomille tea and trying to relax right now.

I have really worked myslef up, and I know it won't do anyone any good.

I was truly fine until the MD was concerned.

I was really going at this as if it were a GI issue-especially with the yellow stool, boated basically only after eating and tummy pain in the middle of the night relieved by eating crackers...

I guess I just wanted to hear some stories that some times these syptoms don't mean OVCA, you know?

THanks again for your support and care...

It's so nice to have someone who understands and doesn't just think I'm crazy.

J
Helpful - 0
hi jenn...did they by any chance check your gall blader??this kinda sounds like it a little...sonie
Helpful - 0
First of all you have come to the right place. There are many women here who have had a lot of experience with gyn problems and we all have input that may help. We are all here for you. I know that you are scared, especially for your children. I have young children too. Please try not to worry. You need more information. I am not trying to minimize your feelings but being scared and so worried will not help, especially the kids. FYI,
I went to the CLEVELAND CLINIC last thursday and the doc there said he DOES NOT give ca125 tests to premenopausal women. Very unreliable test. Mine had increased from 28-83 in 1 year. If there is a problem, it would be caught very early. Find comfort in that.
A very wise woman told me once that fear and worry are works of the devil. I believe it because it does no good. YOu have been proactive and consiencious in your health care. Could you possibly had a virus during the yellow stool period?? Please keep us posted, we are always checking in. TAKE CARE, God is with you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.