Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

TOO LONG OF A WAIT FOR SURGERY WHY?

sHOULD i BE CONCERNED THAT i FIRST VISITED WITH THE GYN/ONC ON DECEMBER 14, ALTHOUGH i DID NOT GET A SURGERY DATE UNTIL jAN 25, 2006. iF THEY WERE OBVIOUSLY CONCERNED THEY WOULD OF DONE IT SOONER RIGHT? iS THIS THE NORMAL LENGTH OF TIME TO WAIT?
iF ANY ONE KNOWS PLEASE RESPOND. THANKS TONI
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Toni, I have been told by nurses, and there have been women posting the same sort of comments  on this site, that when the symptoms, test results, and images lead the surgeon to believe there is indeed cancer, then the surgeries can be scheduled for the NEXT DAY or so.
Helpful - 0
Dawn I will keep you in my prayers for a safe and healthy surgery and easy recovery...toni
Helpful - 0
I first saw my gyn/onc in Nov and his first open date was the Fri before Christmas and that was not going to work.  He offered to refer me to anonther surgeon because he could not get me again until Jan 13.  In that time, my cysts have leaked/ruptured and he will no longer do my hysterectomy and says that a doctor of heis"caliber" does not perform laparoscopies.  So i sympathize with you-WAITING IS THE PITS.
Hang in there and continue to post with us. We will try to help you thru the madness.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.