Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Night sweats and hot flashes, What is this from????

I recently had 2 major surgeries the 1st was for a 10cm ovarian cyst which took half of my right ovary, when they sent it to the lab they found granulosa cells (ovarian cancer).  So the 2nd surgery was to check my lymph nodes, uterus and other ovary.  They ended up taking my left ovary leaving me with only half of an ovary.  It has been 2 and 1/2 months since my 2nd surgery and I have been experiencing night sweats and hot flashes, my question is:  I am 23, can I be going through slight menopause are these symptoms related to my surgeries?  I looked some stuff up on the internet and freaked myself out, I need your help and opinions.  I really appreciate your time and answers.  Thank you for your help!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am glad(well not happy you have this)but to hear others have experienced this and shared it with us.  I have been trying to figure it out too, I had my left ovary,cyst, and tube removed and I have been waking up wet.  It is horrible, also I have to use lots more deod.  I am 27 years old and I have major hot flashes.  I am thinking about discussing this with my Dr. and see if I need some extra hormones.  I also off and on been running a fever.  I also can't get warm enough on different occassions. Well good luck. Thanks Crystal
Helpful - 0
I had my left ovary removed the other year due to a benign fibroma.  I had the same problem for a little while - night sweats were really bad, hot flashes weren't too bad cause I'm always cold.  I think it lasted for about a month or so.  It eventually tapered off and the other ovary "kicked in".  Hope this helps!
Helpful - 0
i am no doctor,but,i have heard when a woman has that type of surgery,whether it be one ovary left,both ,or half,that ovary tends to"go to sleep"as to protect itself during the surgical procedure,and may take some time waking up,in essence,giving you the mennopause symptoms..this may not be your situation,but it could be likly..have you called your doc...they can and sometimes do give a low dose of hormone replacement therapy untill the remaining ovary start functioning properly...hope this helps...sonie
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.