Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Fancy

Hey, Louelle!  Great to read a few words from you! I am glad to know that you went back to the hospital.  I was worried about your fever and any possible infections, especially since your children  had been sick so soon before your surgery!  That 'butt rash' is a pain in the @$$, isn't it??!!  I have found that Aveeno lotion seems to help a bit with that.  Badger Balm is great too, if you can find it.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello all, I'm Melissa. I came across this message board when looking up cancer info.
  I want you all to know my thought and prayers are with you. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, and now some kind of intestinal problem, I'm worried about cancer. I do know it could be something with the ovaries causing the problem, I'll know more when I see the doctor.
  The first post I read on here was Fancy's from back in Nov. I have been hooked on her story; I have been so worried about you Fancy. I did just ready that you were cancer free, I'm so happy for you; I hope I'm just as lucky.

I'm 34, and have had so many health problems since age 15, I have lost faith in doctors to a point I don't want to go see them. I have to watch out for my self, and do lots of reading just to find out what's going on with my health problems. I make a big difference when you have people you can talk to for advice, or just need someone to listen.
    My husband and I have been married for 11 years now, and have been unable to have children due to my health problem. Just a few months ago we started the process to adopt a baby. We are about to start the home study, when and if we pass that part, all we have to do is wait for a birth mother to pick us. We were told it could take anywhere from a few months to up to two years or more.
   I'm not sure if I can do this or not, but if you Fancy or anyone else would like to become email buddies ... just letters to each other, that would be really great. My email address is ***@****, Please put Hi Melissa in the subject line so I'll know it's not spam mail.
    I'm working on a book right now about my husband child hood and our life now. He was given away at age 3, and just a few years ago we have found his birth father. He had never given him up, and never could find him. We also found his brothers that were given away also. There is so much more to the story, but It's been one really wild twisted story from beginning till now.  Well this is turning out to be a really long post
Helpful - 0
HI Fancy
I was all bloated like that for two weeks and then one day i peed and peed and peed and was down to 140 punds by the end of that day. So that will go away. Sorry about all your problems and I hope you can find some relief. If its any consulation I got to spend my Birthday pulling out all of my hair because I found some in my spouses food and he did not look to happy!!
It did not hurt or anything. I look like a cue ball!! Please do not feel bad for me it was not that bad it was short anyway. And I already got three new hats I have more hats than underwear haha. They also gave me my carbo way too fast yesterday accidently and I went into la la land for a few minutes, God knows what I babbled to them. So enough about me. I hope that you can find some help with your kids and TAKE IT EASY woman!!! God Bless I really want this all behind you soon!!!
Helpful - 0
Hey thought that i would drop in and let ya know that i am ok..I wish the pain would go away..The doctor said that because of the imflamation that is why the pain is so bad ..And with my acid relux acting up ,everytime i get nausiated i start crying because i am scared half to death to throw up...just to cough it makes me cry...The headaches are killing me,my blood pressure is running low,and my leggs are so swelled up they look like and feel like they are going to burst.They were not like that before surgery..I think that this is the worst i have felt in a long time.I will just be glad when it is all healed up...And get this ,even with all those antibiotics i started running temp a couple of hours ago...I dont get it .. Did they mess up on something or what....it has got me scared worse now than before the surgery....HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...I am tired and i hurt and i cant sleep either..What is wrong with me...........lou
Helpful - 0
Shea butter - the solid cake form with no additives from Bath and Body Works - works really good too.  Plus, I put it on my incision line once it was healed over too and that seemed to make it not feel so tight and dry.
Helpful - 0
Resinol is a  wonderful thing, too.  My pediatrician told me to use it for the kids terrible diaper rash. It heals very quickly. It is over the counter- Just ask your pharmacist or go to Walmart pharmacy.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.