Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Went to Oncologist and need some advice...

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all well and I have been thinking and pryaing for each of you this week.  I had my appointment this afternoon with the oncologist.  We is "pretty confident" that the tumor I have is a benign (since is to so small 2x1.5x1.4cm) and is completely csolid not fluid in it and is sure that my symptoms are not related to OVC but are related to my uterus.  It is full of fibroids and they are in the muscle part of my uterus.  Also do is not so worried abnout removing tumor as much as having a hysterectomy.  So he is sending me back to ob gyn and recommending hysterectomy.  I wasn't prepared for this news  but at the same time relieved.  Also took CA and CA125 blood tests.  Any suggestins?  Thanks!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Busymom,

I did have endometriosis and was removed by lap in 91 since had 2 beautiful sons. Ca125 is definately affected by endo. Not sure what adenomyosis is. I got a lot of info off Johns Hopkins website. Keep me posted!
Helpful - 0
Hi Toothfairy, if I recall do you have endo?  COuldn't exactly remember and did your CA125 come back high?  (Im sorry about not remmbering specifically.... Just curious if I could expect the numbers to possibly come back high b/c of the adenomyosis ?  Oh well another reasoin to keep my on my toes!  :)
Helpful - 0
Hi, just remember what I found out last week. Ca125 is an unreliable test for premenopausal women. Keep on the track. I'll be thinking about you.
Helpful - 0
Also wanted to ask you...if I have the hysterectomy shoudl I leave in my right ovary?  It only has a small cyst.  Left ovary would be removed since it has the tumor...as always thanks for your time and thoughts.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.