Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

can this be from an ovarian cist? ovarian cancer?

About 5 months ago had two cists .. one on my left and one on the right. I was feeling very  tired, i was getting my period every two days off and on very heavy and losing so much weight that i also lost a lot of iron. My doctor put me on the birth control pill alesse and gave me iron pills to take for two months and after that everything was back to normal. Now about 5 months later i feel tired once again but this time i havent gotten my period for 3 weeks, i am bloated A LOT in the stomach area only and seam to have gained weight only around the the abdomen and the waist area, i have a lot of gas and when i press onto my stomach there is pain. I also get weird shooting pains in my arms or hands seams like my muscles i dont really know how to explain that one and i always feel cold. Do you think i have another cist or why are my symptoms almost the opposite? Can someone please tell me what they think? I dont know too much about ovarian cancer or cists i thought my other symptoms were cists so i dont know what this can be? Is it possible to have these type of symptoms?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You may very well have  more than one condition afflicting you.  It does seem that you might have another/more cysts, and you should see your doctor.  As for the symptoms in your hands and arms, it could be another condition...OR you might be sleeping in a different position from your usual pattern, or sleeping in the same position all night, to accomodate the discomfort in your abdomen.  Sleeping in this manner can then affect your spine and shoulders,  thus causing nerve irritation, that in turn causes these sensations in your extremities.

As you have probably read on the other posts in this forum, ovarian cysts cause the same symptoms as ovarian cancer.  The only way to completely determine which condition you have is by surgery.  However, the fact that you have a history of cysts on your ovaries makes it more likely that this is your current situation, and also reduces the chances of having ovarian cancer.
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much for your answer .. today i got my period which i hadnt had but i still feel all the other symptoms so i might go see my doctor soon cuz im still bloated and my cramps are really bad now
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.