Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pelvic Sonogram results

Hi All,

Just received test results...OB not returning my calls to explain what this all means. Any help would be appreciated.

The uterus is anteverted in position. Measures approx 8.5 cm in length & 5.4cm x 4.8 cm in transverse and A/P diameter. Endometrial echo measures 1.0cm in daimeter.  It exhibits heterogeneous testure w/a 1.0cm x 0.6cm echgenic component.
Inhomogeneous endometrium w/possible endometrial polyp.  

I'm not normally one to freak out over stuff, but this has me a bit nervous and as I stated, he has not returned my calls for 4 days now.  My appointment is 02/08.  

Thanks for your time.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you so much for your replies.  They helped quite a bit.  Now I'm off to make a monumental pest of myself with my OB.  Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
I had a polyp and it was benign.  They just removed it while doing the d&c.  Don't worry.  Call your dr as often as you can until you get answers.  That is what I do.  It is your body and you need as much info as you can get.  I think I must have called mine 5 times one day!!  I'll be thinking about you when you have your surgery.  All should be fine.
Tascha
Helpful - 0
Inhomogeneous is another word for heterogeneous or made of mixed material.  And a small polyp.  They can do an endometrial bx or D&C to find more about it.
Helpful - 0
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in this area will answer your question, but I can give it a guess.  It would appear that you  might simply have a  polyp in your uterus.  If it is indeed a polyp, then please be reassured that polyps are not that uncommon, are rarely cancerous, and if the polyp is pedunculated (that is, attached by a slender thread of tissue) then it can rather easily be removed by a stereoscopic procedure (I think that is the term - a tiny camera and snips on a flexible probe are passed into the uterus via the vagina, and the polyp is cut.)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.