Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Lapa is scheduled

Hey all!
Just came from the doctor and he has scheduled a diagnostic lap with possible laparotomy for Feb 10.  He said my left ovary is still acting screwy-producing multiple cysts and is still enlarged. He will take  a peak and see what it looks like grossly.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
He has no idea.  He said he was going in to look for endo and perhaps that has affected my ovary.  There is still alot of fluid in my cul de sac which he will test.  He said the left ovary is still elarged and has multiple (what appears to be) follicular cysts.  The right ovary is normal.  If I am standing up, you can feel an area in my pelvis a little larger than a walnut.  He will remove the left ovary and tube if it looks abnormal to him. He said he is not as anxious going in at this point as when he referred me to the gyn/onc.  He said while u/s can be misleading and  the chance of ovca is not ruled out, he said mentally for him it will be less pressure to go in in a "diagnostic fashion" as he would for any other patient. I guess for him it is mind over matter.

Spicegirl-Do you know where you had you surgery done the first time?  If so, you can contact their medical records department and somewhere it is filed.  Usually at an outside facility, but it is still obtainable.  Just insist that your doctor really needs the records and they will fish for them for you.
Helpful - 0
Well, finally!  They made you wait long enough.  Did the doctor give you any idea of what might  be causing your ovary to act all 'screwy' like this?  Or is he rather clueless at this point?
Helpful - 0
heyyyyyyyyyyy..im glad they are going to take care of this..i know how scared/and frustrated you have been....ill be thinking about you.and pray you have a easy recovery,and that everything will be fine...sonie
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear you've got a surgery date.  The waiting's so darn hard though isn't it.  Mine isn't until March 23.  Even though  mine is a complex (cystic and solid) mass, gynecologist doesn't think its anything to worry about.  I had a hysterectomy 14 years ago and I do remember that the doctor said "things were a mess in there" although I was only 30 at the time and didn't know enough to ask what that meant.  Unfortunately that doctor is now retired - I wish I could get a copy of the report but don't know where to go for that.  My new gynecologist said that would help him before he does my surgery but assumed that I probably had endometriosis at that time.  Question is this - even though I had a hysterectomy and right oopherectomy (sp?) can you still get endomentriosis.  I keep telling myself that the doctor knows best but everything I read about a complex mass (especially when its mixed) raises the concern about OVCA.  On the other hand I'm trying to turn the whole thing over to God and let him look after it.  Sometimes easier said than done.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.