Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i am getting scared and nervous....the big day is tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi girls,
My surgery is scheduled for tom at 930 am. I think i have begun to lose my mind. I have the shakes, crying, cant eat, cant sleep and I all I keep thinking about is that i have ovarian cancer. the thought of tom makes me want to puke. wish it caould all be over and done with. only 39 yeasrs old husband and two kids i love dearly. multiple simple ovarian cysts with the largest being 6 cm.
Doctor is very optomistic although i am not. said less han 10 percent chance of malagnancy. also had alot of gi problems. had endo and found it i have gerd, esophageal strictire, and hiatal hernia. taking nexium feeling much better. for the love of pete i thought these symptoms were matching all the symptoms of ovarian cancer. please help me regain my concious state of mind. i have not lost weight, just occassional back pain that is it. no hiustory of ovarian cancer. i know that i need to calm down and i am trying, thank goodnes i have such great friends. all the best toni
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey, I'll bet your surgery is over and you're recovering nicely. Just know that I'm praying for ya. Rest!!! :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much!  I feel so alone.  I have being going through major crying bouts and my 4 and 2 year old just looked at me and get scared.  I am trying to hold it together but am not successful.  I have becom addicted to my computer particulary this site.  I am seeking any support I can find. My friends and family keep saying dont worry but I do not think they truly grasp this and how I feel about it.  I just want this over with and pray for a benign mass.  I hope to have my results back my Friday but they said it could be Monday. I am so hungry and want to eat but keep vomiting everything I put in my mouth.  Sorry for grossing you out.  Do you have a surgery scheduled?  THanks so much for listening it means so much to me.
Helpful - 0
hey there toni....im thinking about you sweetheart...ill be praying for you,and im sure you will do just fine..when you start freakin out again...close your eyes,take a couple deep breathes in and out,then picture yourself somewhere nice,and warm and quiet..easy for me to say,when im basically freaking out the same as you are..but im sure everything will go just fine....keep your head up,and take those breathes....ill be thinking of you..sonie
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Like the other girls said, odds are on your side.  I've got two kids of my own and I know that pre-op is stressful.  You need to keep busy and before you know it, it will all be over.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Tascha
Helpful - 0
Good luck! I also have surgery tomorrow.  I am just trying to get through this day.  I went and stocked up on groceries for my kids and husband.  My mom is flying in tonight to help out.  I just hope my worrying is for nothing.  

How come everyone else has a name for their mass/cyst?  I asked my doctor and was told it was just a solid mass.  I am confused as to why some say they have a complex mass etc... Like you my CA125 was normal, 5.  So statistically are the odds in our favor????

I wish you all the best of luck for a speedy recovery and a clean report!
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
The dr. did not know what my mass was until it was removed.  It was just a complex mass.  So glad your mom is going to be with you.  You will need all the rest you can get.  Don't be afraid to ask for help.  My kids (12 & 9) really came through for me when my husband had to go back to work.  And remember, don't try to do too much too soon.  Try to take some time for yourself today, get a manicure or something.  Good luck!
Tascha
Helpful - 0
Are you having laparoscopic(sp?) or open surgery? I'm here if you want to talk. I know I'm new here but....just offering.
Helpful - 0
Hi Toni - take a big deep breath, make yourself a cup of tea - know that many many people are praying for you.  I know how hard it is to not get so stressed out, when I found out I had a mass I called in sick the next day and spent the whole darn day vomiting and having dry heaves.  I told myself I need to get a grip and deal with it - I too have three teens - I've decided that whatever God deals me, I can handle it.  Is there a good friend who can spend some time with you this afternoon/evening - Hubbies are great of course, but they get uncomfortable with all this emotional stuff we have to deal with.
Hang in there girl, just a few more hours to go and everything will be over.  Here's to a speedy recovery (pretend I'm lifting a glass of wine or a beer (lol). Spicegirl
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry you're afraid. I'm sending you a hug! I'll be praying for you also. It is okay to cry. The children will be okay. I promise. I am a teacher and I taught preschool for 5 years before moving to jr. high schoolers, kids are rubber. :) They bounce back. I know how you feel about family not quite understanding. I am 14 weeks pregnant and have a 10cm cyst on my right ovary. My surgery is scheduled for feb. 13th and the Dr. is doing open surgery. Scary. I am okay for this minute, a minute from now....who knows? Tomorrow at this time, the waiting will be over. Just keep writing!! I'll always answer, maybe just not right away. I know you won't be on tomorrow, but please let me know how you are as soon as you are able.
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry to hear about your situation.  Are they that concerned they need to remove it now?  My girlfried is 4 1/2 mos pregnant and has two cysts but they are just monitoring them closely.  Are their risks to your unborn?  Do they do this often? I feel so sorry for you.  You are in my prayers.  I will write soon.  Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hey there,
I am finally calming down and bit. I think because of all the cramping due to the fact of all that trilyte they made me drink, which by the way is nasty..............I think i am going to be just fine. thanks for all the prayers and good wishes and i will be be praying for you guys too......toni
Helpful - 0
Good Luck to you tomorrow!!! Try to relax (easy for me to say) and have a good night. Worry will not get you anywhere except anxious. Have someone post for you to us so we know how you are. Kisses
Helpful - 0
Oh, sweetie, please do not feel sorry for me. The baby and I will be okay. I have to think that way. The cyst is large enough to pose a threat to the baby. The dr. is afraid of the ovary twisting or of rupture which would result in emergency surgery. That would be hard on the baby because of the size of the uterus later in pg. This isn't done often, but it is done.

Just know that I am praying for you tonight and will be tomorrow. Hang in there and keep that chin up :)
Helpful - 0
cip
Good luck with surgery. We will all be thinking of you, and looking forward to hearing that you are just fine......Take Care
Helpful - 0
Hang in there!  Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.  Is there anything you can do to get your mind off the surgery?  A movie, a good book?  I have mine on Monday and I know how you feel.  Luckily, I'm busy at work trying to get everything in order before my leave.  Please try and relax.  You will do just fine and after this is over and your healed (with a benign pathology report), you will be feeling great! Please let us know how it goes.
~jacque
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.