Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
119341 tn?1232563757

Cyst on Ovary

I have a cyst on my right ovary. The dr. has told me nothing on this cyst. Solid or fluid. complex or simple. I don't know he just wants me to do another u/s this friday. The thing is it was my left ovary that was tender during my pelvic exam. Has anyone else had tender ovaries?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
119341 tn?1232563757
Ask your doctor why he didn't say anything about a follow up u/s to check this cyst out again in a few months.
Most cysts are just that, but he should at least do a follow up to make sure.
Helpful - 0
I am 33 years old and was having pain in my ab on both sides.
The doctor found a cycst on my left.  I wasn't really paying attention until I went home and did research.  He found the cyst by ultrasound and said its nothing you don't have cancer.
I am not worried.  I would just like to make sure because if I do then I will deal with it.  I think the doctors dismiss patients because of their age.  This is a mistake.  I might just have to get another test done myself if the doctors won't.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I've been doing alot of research. Reading on alot of different sites. I understand that the majority of OC patients is older, but I've ran across 15 year olds with OC, Some in there 20's. So why do I get my doctor looking at me like I'm nuts, and tells me I'm too young. I will be 32 in May.
Helpful - 0
He may be trying to prove that this cyst is functional and goes away during a certain time of your cycle.  He should be able to give you more answers after this u/s.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I've never had tender ovaries before. Had exam with primary last year and came off the table. I wasn't expecting pain. I've never had pain before. She ordered both u/s. Nothing. This year's exam same thing I came off the table just when he touched the ovary. He seemed a little confused. This last exam was 10 days after my period. Had u/s 1/6/06. Have cyst on right ovary, but its my left that is tender.
Helpful - 0
Your ovary can be tender depending upon the time of your monthly cycle in which you had the exam.  If there was still a "functional" cyst on the ovary, or if the cyst had just resolved, then the ovary can be 'tender.'  Also, some of my relatives who suffered from endometriosis simply hated their annual exams because of the pain associated with it; their abdomens were tender when they had very active endometrial implants. Some of the issue here  also depends on the sensitivity of the patient to the exam itself.
Helpful - 0
117289 tn?1391712825
You said that your dr wants to do another u/s this Fri.  That is good.  At least he does not have the wait and see thing going.  I am sure you are fine - 98% of all cysts are benign.  I have had ovary pain in past.  Had 2 dermoids removed along with right ovary and most of left.  Everything was benign.  Let me know what happens after your u/s.  Don't let your imagination get the best of you (I know, I've been there!!).  
Tascha
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.