Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Endometriosis?

Hm.. I never knew what this was, but I just looked up the symptoms, which include these.

-Pelvic pain and cramping before and during periods.
-Pain during intercourse.
-Inability to conceive.
-Fatigue.
-Painful urination during periods.
-Gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea, constipation, and nausea.

As far as I'm aware, I have basically all of these symptoms. I don't have painful urination during my periods, nor do I have gastrointestinal problems, except I have felt like I was going to throw up a lot lately, but I haven't. I just keep burping. I don't know about the third one, but I have had a lot of unprotected sex with my boyfriend (I know I shouldn't, but I trust him. We've been together almost 2 years.) and I have never gotten pregnant thus far, and from unplanned pregnancies I've heard about, that is weird. Deep penetration really hurts me a lot. It didn't use to when we first started having sex, but after about 6 months, it started hurting. I don't know if this could do with his size, compared to mine, but I just know it hurts.

Also, I read that Endometriosis increasses the chance of developing cysts, maybe explaining the lump I have around my left ovary?

Well, my question is is Endometriosis dangerous? And I'm trying to sign up for Medicaid, but I'm having a lot of trouble with finding an online application, and I don't know what a lot of the questions it asks means.. Like a train number or something..

I called some medicaid hotline, but the wait was a long time, and after waiting almost an hour, it got tiring, so I hung up...
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This thing feel about 3 inches long that I can feel.
Helpful - 0
I read that Endometriosis often causes internal bleeding from the growths outside of the uterus. Internal bleeding can sometimes cause nausea.
As for whether it's dangerous... it sometimes requires surgical treatment. Not always though.
In any case, get to your doctor so you can get some ultrasounds done :).
Helpful - 0
Amplifies,
Its me again!  Among other things, they are looking at endometriosis for me too.  It is found in 45% of all women in some form or another.  The only way to diagnose it is thru laparoscopic surgery. I never had trouble with conceiving.   Again ,a gyn will try you with birth control pills to see if it helps your pain by regulating your cycles.
Helpful - 0
Does anyone know if you can continue to have endometriosis after having your uterus removed?  I had my uterus removed ten years ago for endo and now have a cyst and complex mass on both ovaries.  Doing the wait and see thing right now but wondering if endo can be working it's way back.  When I had my uterus removed there was endo on my ovary.  
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
Only when the cysts get really big do you look pregnant. Most cysts are only 2-4 cm. I've heard of cysts that are 25 cm.
Helpful - 0
Oh.. It doesn't really hurt me to use the restroom, it just hurts me really bad with the deep penetration.

Anyhow, I started birth control about 2 months ago, and since I've started those, I haven't had any cramps with my period. But before I started those, I always had really really bad cramps the first day of my period, always. And it was usually about 35 days apart. I'm suppose to be going back shortly to get the rest of the years worth of birth control, because they only started me on three packets.
Helpful - 0
I was also reading some other boards, and I've read that you look pregnant when you have a cyst? Is that true? Because you can't even see mine, you can only feel it when you press down pretty hard..if that's what it is.
Helpful - 0
119341 tn?1232563757
I have endo, and I know everyone's symptoms are different. For me it felt like my insides were being ripped open just to go to the bathroom. I little pain during intercourse. But then the majority of the endo was between my bladder and uterus. Which caused all the pain when I went to the bathroom.
Helpful - 0
I'm getting so frusterated with everything, but I know something is wrong, and I can't do anything about it!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.