Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

gut feeling right

How many of you have had correct gut feelings about the malignancy(or non) of your ovarian cyst/mass ? All I can think about is the fact that I overheard the DR say my cyst had thick walls, 9cm and complex. Plus I had a 1st cousin with ovarian cancer at 45. I'm such a wreck.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
cip
I had a complex cyst and a CA 125 that elevated from 37 to 95 in a couple of months (both over the normal range)  I didn't think I had OC, but a total abdominal hysterectomy was recommended by 2 docs. After my pre op apt., I checked on my new CA 125 reading that they took before surgery. It was 16. I cancelled surgery, got a new doc - did an ultrasound - the cyst was gone! He didn't believe I was a candidate in the first place, looking at my prior CAT scans, ultrasounds, etc. It is important to keep checking things out, paying attention to your "gut", get multiple opinions, etc. It is your life, your body, so listen to yourself and to Doctors you trust......
Helpful - 0
My report said mine had thick walls and my doctor said to wait 2 months and rescan.  She said she was not "overly concerned", though I certainly am.  Are you waiting and rescanning?
Helpful - 0
I was absolutely certain that I had ovca. A classmate from school had died of the disease shortly before I began having symptoms, and my symptoms were worse than hers.   There were multiple indications of malignancy in the  images of my cystic mass, what with the blood flow to the cyst, the thick cyst walls, solid components, and involvement of the ovary.   My doctor, however, believed the mass would be benign.  She was right.  I was wrong.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.