Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hey I'm back with news

Sorry I haven't been on to give you an update but I just wanted to have all of my tests done first.  Went to the obgyn (new guy) for a check up and diagnosis of my sonogram.  He said he wasn't concerned and gave me birth control pills to help reduce and get rid of the massive cysts that I have on both ovaries and that the solid mass on the left was not of any concern and to wait 4 weeks to have another sonogram done to see if it got bigger or smaller.  Well my regular doctor didn't want to wait and made me get the MRI and the CA125.  The CA125 came back negative and the MRI showed massive cysts in both ovaries and the solid mass what a cyst that broke (hense the fluid) and that my scar tissue and endo wrapped around the cyst and made it appear to be solid.  Now I can wait the 4 weeks for another sonogram to see if they get smaller or to see if we remove them.  2 weeks of stress and gloom for me was so difficult.  I let everything go thinking I was going to die like my friend and spent all of my money on my girls and doing things that I want just in case I died.  I'm not dying but in a huge financial hole because of this. Lesson learned.... don't kill yourself off first before getting all of the tests done and your facts right.  Not everyone is as lucky as I am but don't count yourself out until you know nothing else can be done.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Never mind, missed the first message...got it!  Sounds like good news!
Helpful - 0
Hey there,
I amconfused.  Did you have cancer or are you still awaiting surgery.  I have the cyst with solid areas too, and somethig int he cul de sac and I am freakign out!!  
Meridith
32 years
Helpful - 0
Yeah I hope so.  I have huge cysts in both of my ovaries and one is solid with fluid in the area.  I've researched it and came up with the same answer "ovarian cancer" and with the other symptoms that I had it should have been at the advanced stages.  I came to this website for help and answers and most people here had the same thing thing that I had except I didn't know what my CA125 results were.  I also had a friend who died of ovarian cancer the same day I found out about my "cysts" and "solid mass".  Just to let everyone know that it may not be as bad as the people reading the tests say it is.  I know because I looked up the words that they used and came up with my diagnosis and I'll tell you so did my own doctor.  She was not comfortable with the sonogram and wasn't waiting for another 4 weeks.  Don't wait... if you want to know what it is that you have go for more tests until you know 100% sure what you have.  I would have waited because that's what I wanted to hear from him but I am so glad I went for the MRI to get confirmation.
Helpful - 0
Wow.  What a story.  Thank you for sharing that with us.  I am sure that it will help someone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.